DJ MODELS DCC Chip.

hoovered

32 minutes ago, hoovered said:

Hi all,

I have bought a DJ Models J94 loco,what DCC chip would everyone reccomend to fit in it.

Hi,

What relevant information was provided with the loco?.

Regards

Nick

6 hours ago, hoovered said:

Hi Nik,

It did not reccomend a chip.

Roger.

Hi,

Did it say what type of socket it was fitted with and what current the motor draws and if the motor is coreless?.

Regards

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2019 at 01:22, Les1952 said:

ANY 6-pin direct-fit chip will work fine with the DJModels WD saddletank.

I have Zimo sound, LaisDCC, Gaugemaster and Zimo silent chips in mine.  All work well.

Les

Unfortunately not true. The DJ J94 is a coreless motor that proves difficult to run smoothly with some chips that do not have the ability to cope well with the BEMF requirements. I've found Zimo 617 / 622 work OK, DCC Concepts ZN6 do not.

• Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, SimonMW said:

Unfortunately not true. The DJ J94 is a coreless motor that proves difficult to run smoothly with some chips that do not have the ability to cope well with the BEMF requirements. I've found Zimo 617 / 622 work OK, DCC Concepts ZN6 do not.

I don't have any DCC Concepts chips so can't comment on these.

I'll just repeat that Zimo, Gaugemaster, Dapol and LaisDCC chips all work fine in mine.

Les

14 hours ago, Les1952 said:

I don't have any DCC Concepts chips so can't comment on these.

I'll just repeat that Zimo, Gaugemaster, Dapol and LaisDCC chips all work fine in mine.

Les

It was your comment "ANY 6-pin direct-fit chip will work fine with the DJModels WD saddletank" which I was pointing out was incorrect. Commenting on what you have that works for you is much safer than blanket statements...

• AY Mod locked this topic