Miscellany Models

Portchullin Tatty

I am now able to offer a number of the models that I have been developing over the last few months (and years!).  I am producing these under the name of Miscellany Models and you can see more details of these either there or on my blog.

First up is a  Highland Railway/LMS/BR diagram 51 full brake - priced at £48.00 for a 4mm and is suitable for OO, EM or P4.  These were the last generation of full brake produced by the Highland, built with both cupboard doors and sliding doors as well as alternative forms of guards duckets (all of these are included in the kit).  The kit inclusive of fully sprung Fox bogies (see below), roof, corridor connections (also see below) but all castings and buffers will need to be sourced separately.  The castings for the bogies are proposed, but are not presently available.

801883497_IMG_0368(2).JPG.ca28ca1bcef1f8727a3212471724b390.JPG

As was common with many pre-grouping coaches these vehicles utilised Fox Bogies (£16.00) and these are being made separately to the remainder of the kit,  These bogies have been developed in conjunction with Justin at Rumney Models and are fully sprung, with both the axleboxes and the bolsters sprung.     They really do glide across track and look as if they weigh many tons rather than a few grams!  They need castings for your favoured axleboxes/springs and bolsters but do include the foot steps and all of the bogies sides, brakes and details.

1380078255_IMG_0525(3).JPG.3b26712c4490ad68695b10226612a0a9.JPG

The second coach kit is for a MR/LMS/BR: Dia 530 Passenger Brake – priced at £36.00 in 4mm scale.  This prototype was built in some numbers and by the 1920s they were spread extensively across the LMS system.   The kit is for full etches covering the roof, body, underframe and footboards plus parts for the sliding central axle included.  It needs axlebox/springs (available from Branchlines or Coopercraft), gas lamps, buffers, brake and gas cylinders.

2054606954_IMG_0046(4).JPG.1678157932a192d68328755d825c54f0.JPG

On the wagon front, there is an etch to detail the NER/LNER/BR: Dia P7 Hopper Wagon – £13.50 4mm (sufficient for two wagons).  They cater for a large number of the variants to this numerous and long lasting hopper wagon.  Needs wheels and the Slaters kit P7 kit for the donor model.  Variants that can be made include the end braked version, improved components for the Morton braked version, outside twin W irons and also the anti-friction wheel device.

_DSC0211compress.JPG.2098de07cd11e5f67d43794869f41402.JPG

All of these are available from my website https://miscellanymodels.com/  and in addition to this from the Rumney Models stand at the following shows - Scalefour North in April, Railex in May, Scalefourum in September and South Hants in November,

All of these have been extensively road tested by me with a couple of test builds for each of them.  You can see this unfold on my blog and if you are interested in seeing how they go together do take a look!

Please remember that the availability of these models is an adjunct to my own hobby and this has to be accommodated within the constraints of my day job and general life!  In particular I can't get to post these orders until Saturdays so do please give me a little slack when it comes to getting the goods to you!

Edited by Portchullin Tatty
delete lost picture
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 3 months later...

Good morning!

I was wondering if there was any update on the instructions for the P7 hour etch. I've got a few kits ready to go, and they aren't far off arriving on the workbench! I've got plenty of other projects to be getting on with, so there isn't a rush, more an enquiry with an eye on future planning!

Cheers

J

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/07/2019 at 08:13, JaymzHatstand said:

Good morning!

I was wondering if there was any update on the instructions for the P7 hour etch. I've got a few kits ready to go, and they aren't far off arriving on the workbench! I've got plenty of other projects to be getting on with, so there isn't a rush, more an enquiry with an eye on future planning!

Cheers

J

Funnily enough I was thinking about asking the same question, as the 398 is finished I thought a wagon project would be nice and these etches jumped out of the drawer... 

• Like 1

On 19/07/2019 at 10:37, Worsdell forever said:

Funnily enough I was thinking about asking the same question, as the 398 is finished I thought a wagon project would be nice and these etches jumped out of the drawer... 

On 18/07/2019 at 08:13, JaymzHatstand said:

Good morning!

Cheers

J

Apologies for the slow reply and even slower production of the instructions!

These are nearly there and should be loaded up in a couple of days.  There will be a couple of pictures to load in afterwards (because I need to make another one to get them) but they will be more than sufficient to build these from (they are 14 pages already!).  I will send you a copy directly (Paul, I don't have your email address, can you pop it via a private mail?).

Mark

• Like 2