Members rank

• RMweb Gold

It just showing your access level or privilege on the forum. As a "Member" you can view and post to the forum. The mods are Moderators and can moderate content, people like Phil Parker and Andy Y are Admins with full control of the forum.

I understand the Member, Registered Member and Moderators "ranking".

The Classification for Member in my profile has, below it, two dots. I wondered to what they refer, or is that simply "Member" as opposed to Registered Member, etc. A bit like the number of stars a USA Army General has (no need to salute!).

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

The Classification for Member in my profile has, below it, two dots. I wondered to what they refer, or is that simply "Member" as opposed to Registered Member, etc. A bit like the number of stars a USA Army General has (no need to salute!).

Hi Jol,

Same question was asked 5 years ago: https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87181-another-new-bod/&do=findComment&comment=1492884

Answers on a postcard.

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne

• Moderators

It's a carry over from some years ago where members with fewer than 30 posts were restricted from some things. If you have less than 30 posts it's one pip and rank of Registered Member.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

From that perspective, it's part of a thing called "gamification". On most forum software it's just another representation of your post count. Each time you hit a post count milestone, your rank goes up. Most usually have 4-5 "ranks" for normal members, some go way beyond that. As Andy says, you can also tie this in to posting privileges to prevent people creating sock accounts and spamming or trolling forums etc and at the other end of the spectrum offer extra privileges.

https://www.google.com/search?q=forum+ranks&oq=forum+ranks&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1348j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8