Bachmann on-line listing by date

Simon60

Please can someone point me in the right direction to an on-line listing of Bachmann releases by date.

I’m looking for something like the Hornby Railways Collector Guide linked to eBay.

This is so that I can assess the ages, versions and development of various models.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Bachmann published on its website a few years ago a pdf with a complete list of all releases back to 1995. However, it wasnt updated, and doesnt appear to be on the website any more.

However, www.modelraildatabase.com appears to have such a list, though I cant vouch for its accuracy. 

Edited by JohnR

That web site is not entirely accurate showing that it has probably relied on inaccurate published data elsewhere. Bachmann  for example never released the DCC ready Class 04 shunters yet they listed there (31-343 11219 BR Black and 31-344 NCB), an error also found in Ramsays British Model  Trains Catalogue.

seems the only accurate way forward is to get hold of all old catalogues and list the years of production for each model and its subsequent revisions from those

what year did Bachmann commence as Bachmann Branchline proper

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Simon60 said:

seems the only accurate way forward is to get hold of all old catalogues and list the years of production for each model and its subsequent revisions from those

what year did Bachmann commence as Bachmann Branchline proper

Not necessary up until 2014, the PDF attachment by RFS above is very comprehensive till then.

Past 2014 though the catalogues (or other sources) are needed....

Bachmann catalogues are no real guide to a model having been released or when it was . Ramsays is not ideal either the latest has an number estimated dates of release including the never released 04s (in 2013!) I quoted above and the never released old body J72 on a DCC ready chassis quoted as being released in 2016 along with the still awaited 94xx and many others!

Would be useful if Warners had a errata to Ramsays on the world of railways web site

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 23:25, Simon60 said:

...what year did Bachmann commence as Bachmann Branchline proper

That's an interesting question. I am going to guess at what is intended.

Bachmann I believe commenced selling UK OO in 1991, as far as locos were concerned mainly on the basis of ex Mainline body toolings on new mechanism designs. Rolling stock was largely  ex-Mainline tooling,  except for such as the Thompson coaches, there may have been more such items.

In the later 1990s, completely newly tooled Bachmann steam locos (and rolling stock) - owing nothing to Mainline or other manufacturer content - were released branded 'Blue Riband'. The first one I was aware of was the WD 2-8-0 in 1999, but I suspect that that the N class 2-6-0 may have been earlier. On release, and until the Hornby Brit appeared in 2006, these items - and some that came after - were comfortably the best RTR OO steam models on the market. For me at least that's when Bachmann properly committed to the UK market.