RMweb Gold - a new premium membership

• Moderators

Introducing... RMweb Gold

Steve and I have been working on this for quite some time and we're now proud to launch a new premium membership level to RMweb! We have developed some great extra facilities to reward RMweb Gold Members as listed below, tied-in with access to an extensive BRM Digital Back Catalogue going right back to January 2007. This uses Exact Editions as the provider and offers a fast interface to quickly search and browse through thousands of articles!.

This also means Classifieds are back, for RMweb Gold members, to list items for sale without additional charge or commission. Ordinary members can see what's for sale and easily make contact with the seller to agree a sale, but they won't be able to place an item for sale.

Gold membership also tailors Gallery Usage towards those who are paying for the service, enabling them to use RMweb for image hosting for collections. Other privileges include a FREE ticket to one of Warners' three leading modelling exhibitions for every year that you are a Gold Member. See the FAQs below for a full list of benefits.

The best value option is the annual direct debit which equates to less than 14p a day for premium access and support of the busiest site in the hobby in the UK (3rd in the world!).

We are also working on some exciting possibilities for the future but as an incentive to be among the first Gold members is that we will be rewarding one lucky member who joins up before 01 May with a prize of a Farish Western Pullman train pack worth £379.95.

To become a member please CLICK HERE or call 01778 392002 and quote: RMweb Gold Membership.

Western_Pullman_1.jpg

RMweb Gold FAQs

What is RMweb Gold?

This is a new ‘Membership Club’ that’s open to everyone. Members enjoy a host of benefits which include access to the BRM Digital Library of 150+ magazines going back to 2007, a free ticket to one of Warners’ three leading exhibitions and the ability to sell items through the new RMweb Classified Forum. There are other benefits too (listed below) and more will be added throughout the year.

What are the benefits of becoming a 'Gold Member'? 
All members will benefit from:
•    Access to the BRM Digital Library – 150+ magazines going back to 2007, plus all future issues.
•    One free ticket to a Warners exhibition each year.
•    The ability to sell products in the new RMweb ‘Classified’ area.
•    RMweb unlimited image size ability per post.
•    RMweb increased PM storage.
•    RMweb Private Personal Image Gallery. 
•    Exclusive RMweb Gold Private Forum.

How much does it cost? 
Monthly direct debit: £5.99 (minimum of 1 year)

How do I become a member?
CLICK HERE or call 01778 392002 and quote: RMweb Gold Membership.

How long does it take for your membership to be activated? 
You’ll receive a Welcome Email within 24-hours which instructs you on how to access the BRM Digital Library and how to claim your show ticket. We aim to get your RMweb privileges live within 48-hours (in most cases it will be sooner). If your RMweb privileges aren’t activated within 72-hours, please contact rmwebgold@warnersgroup.co.uk

Which exhibitions qualify for a free ticket? 
Take your pick from:
•    The National Festival of Railway Modelling, Peterborough
•    The Festival of British Railway Modelling, Doncaster
•    The London Festival of Railway Modelling, Alexandra Palace
Dates can be found by clicking here.

How do I claim my free ticket?
Email us at rmwebgold@warnersgroup.co.uk and we’ll arrange for a ticket to be emailed to you prior to the event. Tickets are usually emailed in the five days prior to the event.

What is the BRM Digital Library?
As an RMweb Gold member you get access to a library of BRM. This includes EVERY issue of the magazine going back to January 2007 plus ALL issues going forward. Access to this library stops if you cancel your RMweb Gold membership. You never own these magazines.  

Can I still use RMweb if I’m not a member?
Yes, in terms of using RMweb nothing changes. By not being a member you simply don’t benefit from the extra privileges listed above such as listing items in the new Classified section.

• Like 6

So basically this is similar to Railway Modeller - you take the Digital subscription and you get access to the full back catalogue.

Then on top there is a ticket to one show.

What does the Classified adverts bring in terms of protection or is it simply the ability to advertise items for sale?

Interesting.......

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Is the magazine access the full digital edition (where available) with DVD / extra pictures etc, and is it fully ipad enabled like the current digital edition?

It includes access to the DVD Content, the digital extras aren't displayed within that version of the mag but they will be available via the Gold Lounge on here.

I can't comment about what Pocketmags does on an ipad versus the Exact Editions version - as I don't have an ipad but the navigation on an Android tablet seems better than via Pocketmags.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

What does the Classified adverts bring in terms of protection or is it simply the ability to advertise items for sale?

The system is a simple advertisement and the transaction is a private one between buyer and seller - however there is an assurance that the seller is a bona fide individual who is on our system. All common sense should be adhered to as in any transaction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Hmm only membership by a phone call, for a highly computerised service issued on the morning of April the First...

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10

• Administrators
1 minute ago, TheQ said:

Hmm only membership by a phone call, for a highly computerised service issued on the morning of April the First...

Yes, it sounds very backwards but the ability to become a member via an online service will be up-and-running in the next few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SteveCole said:

Yes, it sounds very backwards but the ability to become a member via an online service will be up-and-running in the next few weeks. 

I would prefer to wait until there is the online version, doing ongoing subscriptions over the phone is quite 20th Century now.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
On 01/04/2019 at 15:32, AY Mod said:

This also means Classifieds are back, for RMweb Gold members, to list items for sale without additional charge or commission. Ordinary members can see what's for sale and easily make contact with the seller to agree a sale, but they won't be able to place an item for sale.

Looks like there might be a wrinkle to iron out somewhere 

Edited by RedgateModels
lost image removed

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Yes there is, I'm trying to work on that at the moment and have referred it to the developer. It wasn't evident during testing and everything is visible if you are a Gold member, it's just that it's not displaying to Members/Guests (yet).

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Will there be an elitist / clique formed when those who pay are revealed (by virtue of them being able to post items to sell) ?  Will those members get other benefits (e.g. immunity to moderation ?)

Despite the best of intentions, I fear this could drive a wedge between those Gold members and the ordinary members.

Gold members will be clearly evident in everyday usage of the site, any benefits they get are what they pay for and the same forum rules apply to them with same expectation of behaviour and standards. No more cliquey than discussing parsnips and toilets.

But, I aim to ensure that any Gold members get more support when they need it.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Although highly suspicious this is an April Fool's jape, the current membership privileges are the same for all members, Mods/Admin excepted.  No-one pays for access, members are judged on their topics and posts.  (Yes, there were times when we were asked to donate, to help keep the wheels turning, and had a raffle of donated items). 

Will there be an elitist / clique formed when those who pay are revealed (by virtue of them being able to post items to sell) ?  Will those members get other benefits (e.g. immunity to moderation ?)

Despite the best of intentions, I fear this could drive a wedge between those Gold members and the ordinary members.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but we've announced the Gold Membership TODAY...April 2nd!

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Gold members will be clearly evident in everyday usage of the site, any benefits they get are what they pay for and the same forum rules apply to them with same expectation of behaviour and standards. No more cliquey than discussing parsnips and toilets.

But, I aim to ensure that any Gold members get more support when they need it.

2 minutes ago, SteveCole said:

Forgive me if I am wrong, but we've announced the Gold Membership TODAY...April 2nd!

Fair enough, I hope it works as well as expected.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

I hope it works as well as expected.

It will if it doesn't get torpedoed with daft comments from someone whose been around long enough to know me well enough.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Fair enough, I hope it works as well as expected.

I hope so as well but I think I will soon get "You cannot talk to me like that I am a Gold Member" .

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 6

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Now resolved, yet another permissions setting within a completely different area of the back-end. Developers don't make it easy!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3