RMweb Gold - a new premium membership

I will happily confess here that I have this morning, gone gold, to show that I have made good on what I have said in support of the scheme, and I would encourage others to do likewise.

Given my extremely low mortification threshold, I've gone for the bling-free option, but that's just me and my funny little ways.  I do think this is an entirely laudable initiative and I look forward to indulging in the various benefits. 

750726141_TheWayAhead(title).jpg.9d2683820f25350f084a02d1372b3dd5.jpg

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, dasatcopthorne said:

I already pay enough for my BRM Subscription.

Subscribers should get this free.

Still. I suppose this was inevitable following the commercial takeover of RMWeb.

I certainly won't be paying up.

Dave

Do as I did, cancel the paper subscription and go Gold, virtually the same quarterly price (well it was on the deal I was on anyway), you could almost say I’ve got the ‘extras’ for free! 

In all fairness no one is forcing you to pay and you will still get the same access to RMweb as you do now if you don’t choose to pay anyway 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, dasatcopthorne said:

I'm off to Tesco later, if they've got something new I'll ask them if I can have that free with our weekly shopping.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

I'm off to Tesco later, if they've got something new I'll ask them if I can have that free with our weekly shopping.

Jack Daniels is 16 quid at the moment, good enough to tempt me when I bought a paper copy of April's BRM (even though I'm a digital subscriber)

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, dasatcopthorne said:

I already pay enough for my BRM Subscription.

Still. I suppose this was inevitable following the commercial takeover of RMWeb.

I certainly won't be paying up.

Dave

But, you do get it free with your subscription....

• Agree 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Jack Daniels is 16 quid at the moment, good enough to tempt me when I bought a paper copy of April's BRM (even though I'm a digital subscriber)

Sounds good to me but I'm not paying for it; I just want it.

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, big jim said:

To the tune of Spandau ballet ‘Gold’ 

Thank you for signing up 

I'm sorry that bullhead chairs are all worn

LOVE IT!!!!

Gary Kemp (Yes Really) (No not actually that one)

• RMweb Premium

I look at it this way....

Membership of RMweb is free to all of us.

As a member, you can now pay some money and get some other stuff, and shiny medallion underneath your avatar, if you want to. 

So whilst all else remains equal, there should be no need for anyone to feel intimidated by a bit of showy bling on other users posts.  But if you like bling, then go for It!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Membership of RMweb is free.

Subscription to the paper or digital version of BRM costs money.

Subscription to the digital BRM with added back catalogue, plus a free show ticket, costs a little bit more money.  Oh, and you also get a bit more photo space on RMweb and can sell things.

So really, the gold membership is not RMweb, it's a better version of the digital subscription.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

To promote a little bit of balance here Andy...

Could I have a bigger Gold Medallion to match the same size as my Avatar circle...

It just does`nt look right to me.........   :tease::ireful: :yahoo:

• Funny 3

On 02/04/2019 at 15:43, shanks522 said:

I'd gladly pay for membership if the forum was as it was before, really not enjoying the new format, i seem to spend much less time on here now and can't find half the stuff i'm looking for.

Same here....visit much less now.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

My subscription to digital BRM was paid mid-January so I wonder if I will be offered a 25% discount to "go gold" when I phone Peterborough? Re ROSSPOP and Not Jeremy, I quite fancy having a medium-sized gold member, as long as it has fine detailing and doesn't have 25% lopped off (enough to make one's eye water :negative:! ).

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 02/04/2019 at 15:43, shanks522 said:

I'd gladly pay for membership if the forum was as it was before, really not enjoying the new format, i seem to spend much less time on here now and can't find half the stuff i'm looking for.

With the £50 you save, rent yourself some server space, install the old forum software and we'll see you back here after you've been hacked. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Huh!

He plays with bigger trains but he really wants a Hornby Terrier.

People have lots of problems with Horny Terriers, its a lack of exercise, I suspect...

• Funny 1