RMweb Gold - a new premium membership

3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Actually, it's the entrance to the new Hornby mobile exhibition space.

'You can stick your banners' quoted Simon Kohler at the launch event.

Quoth (the Raven) surely?

It would certainly put B'mans nose out of joint...

• RMweb Gold
On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:29, Stubby47 said:

Carrie's hand coming out of the grave...

That was the only time that I had the #hit scared out of me. :scared:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 15/04/2019 at 19:46, Captain Kernow said:

And that's just the lavatory.

I'm looking forward to using the improved facilities! I trust we have one each. :D ;)

I've just signed up for Gold membership, simply to support RMWeb and to help keep the forum running. I have benefitted hugely from the forum over the years and made some great life-long friends: I wouldn't have become a 'finescale' modeller; wouldn't have known about DRAG, or visited half of the exhibitions I now attend. My skill set wouldn't have grown at the rate that it has and I wouldn't have been able to ask things to them that know more than me! So a big thank you to RMWeb. Not perfect, but nothing is! :drink_mini: 

Best wishes,

Nick.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

I'm still trying to discover whether instead of Gold membership, all I have signed up to is a monthly BRM magazine subscription. 

I have had no emails to the address I gave, despite being promised them (twice), but I have had a BRM subscription letter similar to the one I get occasionally for Backtrack. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

I'm still trying to discover whether instead of Gold membership, all I have signed up to is a monthly BRM magazine subscription. 

I have had no emails to the address I gave, despite being promised them (twice), but I have had a BRM subscription letter similar to the one I get occasionally for Backtrack. 

As you know from correspondence with Carly this morning, we're on the case with this and will get all of the 'gold' access activated ASAP.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Just got an email from Rails of Sheffield advertising membership of RMweb Gold.

They say one of the benefits of Gold membership is you get a

• Free copy of 'How to Build Your First Trainset' bookzine (complete with DVD).

I would have thought Goldsters might find that a bit elementary, my dear Watson!  :jester:

28 minutes ago, SteveCole said:

As you know from correspondence with Carly this morning, we're on the case with this and will get all of the 'gold' access activated ASAP.

Thanks. I might be a little slow on the uptake - but I didn't know that. All I knew was (10:35 am) that the subscriptions department would re-send emails which I never received last week and still have not.  I have checked my spam folder and there is nothing there either. 

Edited by jonny777

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

Thanks. I might be a little slow on the uptake - but I didn't know that. All I knew was (10:35 am) that the subscriptions department would re-send emails which I never received last week and still have not.  I have checked my spam folder and there is nothing there either. 

No problem. Carly is trying to find out what's happened. We've asked Andy to open your RMweb access privileges (he's out until late PM) and we'll get the Exact Editions access sorted ASAP. I'll ask Carly to keep you updated.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Is he covering the DJ Models event? ;)

Your well out of touch he's at Kernow's new shop open day in Guildford 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My apologies if this has been asked but could not find it in 21 pages.

What is the advantage of becoming a Gold member if you don't live in the UK and are already a subscriber to Digital BRM?

Peter

Edited by Peter Beckett

• Moderators
17 hours ago, jonny777 said:

That's fine. I'm not trying to be a PITA; but thought there might have been a problem at my end. 

I've yet to receive the notification from the subs dept. but I've enabled your access now to the RMweb features.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peter Beckett said:

What is the advantage of becoming a Gold member if you don't live in the UK and are already a suscriber to Digital BRM?

There are the additional RMweb benefits as defined in the OP but the value of those to you depends on circumstances of course.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I've yet to receive the notification from the subs dept. but I've enabled your access now to the RMweb features.

Thanks Andy. It transpired that my initial fears were correct, and although I thought I had gone through the online Gold membership process correctly, I had indeed managed only to subscribe to monthly postal copies of BRM and nothing from RMWeb Gold. 

I'm not sure how I managed that, whether I pressed the wrong button somewhere along the way, or whether there is a glitch in the online system; but I suspect the former - given my tendency to make errors. 

However, a phone call yesterday afternoon sorted all that out, cancelled my (not progressed too far) BRM subscription, and started a Gold one via quarterly DD. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Interesting to see that toboldlygo won the prize draw, it would be nice to see some of his weathering effects on the Pullman....  :jester:

Still not convinced, and my chances of winning would be zero, but the new prize almost tempts me to join!

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Hroth said:

Interesting to see that toboldlygo won the prize draw, it would be nice to see some of his weathering effects on the Pullman....  :jester:

Still not convinced, and my chances of winning would be zero, but the new prize almost tempts me to join!

Join us. Become golden. I am literally sweating gold nuggets.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

On 02/05/2019 at 09:35, jonny777 said:

Thanks Andy. It transpired that my initial fears were correct, and although I thought I had gone through the online Gold membership process correctly, I had indeed managed only to subscribe to monthly postal copies of BRM and nothing from RMWeb Gold. 

I'm not sure how I managed that, whether I pressed the wrong button somewhere along the way, or whether there is a glitch in the online system; but I suspect the former - given my tendency to make errors. 

However, a phone call yesterday afternoon sorted all that out, cancelled my (not progressed too far) BRM subscription, and started a Gold one via quarterly DD. 

Oh no. Oh no. 

Despite being told that my subscription to BRM had been cancelled in favour of RMWeb Gold, but now I have just had another BRM letter dated 8th May telling me that my BRM subscription has begun and my first DD will be May 22nd. 

What does it take to not have a paper BRM subscription which I never applied for in the first place? 

I predict another round of emails/phone calls similar to the previous "computer says no" effort. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

Oh no. Oh no. 

Despite being told that my subscription to BRM had been cancelled in favour of RMWeb Gold, but now I have just had another BRM letter dated 8th May telling me that my BRM subscription has begun and my first DD will be May 22nd. 

What does it take to not have a paper BRM subscription which I never applied for in the first place? 

I predict another round of emails/phone calls similar to the previous "computer says no" effort. 

I have flagged this up to subs for investigation. 

• Friendly/supportive 1