RMweb Gold - a new premium membership

1 hour ago, jonny777 said:

Thanks Andy. 

Oh, if they need my reference - it is 1308459

NEVER put any personal information on a forum.

Only ever send it in a PM! Smacked wrist!

Yes, OK, it's only a reference number, but if you put other things on forums the outcome can be a very nasty shock, sometimes to your wallet.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I don´t understand why to have Gold membership by get some information about digital and DCC when there is internet to get some information there too? :blink:

There is other forums too by present digital with tons of the information to read it and watching video too in the Youtube.

Sorry...but i´m not interesting to pay Gold membership here.

• RMweb Gold
On 10/05/2019 at 16:10, jonny777 said:

That seems rather paranoid. 

I would love someone to take over reference 1308459 and be billed all the payments I am trying to get rid of. 

To purchase a reduced subs rate ticket for a Warners show requires a subs number. Whilst you may not be billed Warners could suffer from some fraudulent purchases.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Anders63 said:

I don´t understand why to have Gold membership by get some information about digital and DCC when there is internet to get some information there too? :blink:

There is other forums too by present digital with tons of the information to read it and watching video too in the Youtube.

Well thank you so much for letting us know.Most enlightening.Don’t quite understand your reason for unburdening yourself but there.It takes all sorts to make the world turn I suppose .So it’s off to The tube of yous then.....byeeee.Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Anders63 said:

Being kind I would say that you misunderstand what we mean by 'digital access', it means access to digital versions of the magazine and not digital command control subject matter.

Just think please before grumbling that we are doing something you don't agree with. It may also be worth considering that all those people providing all that information for you, for free, do give time and money for you to have something for nothing.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Being kind I would say that you misunderstand what we mean by 'digital access', it means access to digital versions of the magazine and not digital command control subject matter.

Just think please before grumbling that we are doing something you don't agree with. It may also be worth considering that all those people providing all that information for you, for free, do give time and money for you to have something for nothing.

Sorry Andy ( and Ian),  think you have wrong end of stick here.   Anders63 made a posting over in the DCC forums in a thread about why things were quiet, and a reply appeared indicating that the conversations were now in the "gold section".   That reply may have been serious, may have been in jest, I've no idea which.   But, I'm pretty certain that's what caused Anders' question. 

Anders has made constructive, useful, contributions to the DCC forums, such as describing in detail issues around automation and the most recent Lenz systems.   So is one of those providing that useful information on this forum, for free.

Treat the question as seriously meant.  Possibly English isn't Anders first language.  That's how I'd read it. 

- Nigel

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators

So I need to be telepathic and empathetic when someone puts their own take on someone else's misguided theories? There is NO DCC content in the Gold Lounge. Why didn't someone ask the question rather than peddle conspiracy theories and decry the business?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

So I need to be telepathic and empathetic when someone puts their own take on someone else's misguided theories? There is NO DCC content in the Gold Lounge. Why didn't someone ask the question rather than peddle conspiracy theories and decry the business?

Only sherry and Ferrero Rocher :)

• Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2019 at 19:30, AY Mod said:

Well there is a lot information by get digital access too in the internet for free charge or and to download by read them.

The most common sense about digital system are understanding how it works and what to use them...no matter of protocol like DCC,MM and mfx/mfx+.

There is other forum where you get information for free charges.

We call it friendly sharing.

23 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Andy Y, my sympathies. Sometimes it is easier to just give up.  There appears to be a language problem here that is unlikely to be easily solved.

What problem?

I wonder if it´s right to get paid to get some information about digital here in this forum?

How can this be right, when you have other forums by get free charges information?

What is digital about?

33 minutes ago, Anders63 said:

Well there is a lot information by get digital access too in the internet for free charge or and to download by read them.

The most common sense about digital system are understanding how it works and what to use them...no matter of protocol like DCC,MM and mfx/mfx+.

There is other forum where you get information for free charges.

We call it friendly sharing.

Anders

There is no connection between BRM Gold membership and the drop in comments on the RMWeb DCC forum section.

Gold membership gives you online (digital) access to the BRM Magazine back catalogue plus some other real world benefits.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Gold membership = free DIGITAL (electronic edition) of BRM magazine + access to all forums (and other benefits)

Normal membership = access to all forums (same as gold) 

NO special DCC section with gold

Anders, what is your main language, maybe someone can post in his in his native tongue to clear things up? 

Edited by big jim
  • Agree 1

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Anders63 said:

What problem?

I wonder if it´s right to get paid to get some information about digital here in this forum?

How can this be right, when you have other forums by get free charges information?

What is digital about?

The "problem" is, you have decided there is special DCC content in the Gold area.

There isn't. Other people have said there isn't. No-one is hiding anything from you, no matter how much you want to believe they are.

• Friendly/supportive 3

OK, the only way I can afford to play trains is to avoid spending money on anything at all that could be better spent on stock, landscape materials and so forth.  That's why I don't buy magazines or, for that matter, go to exhibitions.

TBH, apart from a wish to support the continuation of the forum, the only draw for me where RM Gold is concerned is the access to back issues of the mag.  But not being up to speed on this sort of thing, I have no idea how that might actually work.  For example, if I'm after articles on painting brickwork, how would I find them, and how are the pages actually presented?  Can I enlarge/zoom the page?  How do I move from one page to the next? 

Is there anything online which uses the same software that I could have a go on to see for myself? 

22 minutes ago, spikey said:

OK, the only way I can afford to play trains is to avoid spending money on anything at all that could be better spent on stock, landscape materials and so forth.  That's why I don't buy magazines or, for that matter, go to exhibitions.

TBH, apart from a wish to support the continuation of the forum, the only draw for me where RM Gold is concerned is the access to back issues of the mag.  But not being up to speed on this sort of thing, I have no idea how that might actually work.  For example, if I'm after articles on painting brickwork, how would I find them, and how are the pages actually presented?  Can I enlarge/zoom the page?  How do I move from one page to the next? 

Is there anything online which uses the same software that I could have a go on to see for myself? 

if you look at the Exact Editions or Pocketmags websites you can normally find a sample issue of a magazine (there will be a BRM), that allows you to see what you will get and what you can do with it so to speak.

In terms of the indexing side, I can't answer that.

• Informative/Useful 1

• Administrators

Andy Y has covered this with examples somewhere. I'm out at DEMU  so can't easily look it up. However the Exact Edition indexing is superb and sounds like it would do what you want.

• Informative/Useful 1

Thank you, gentlemen.  I've just now got roped in to topping and tailing 10+ pounds of gooseberries, so this looks like one for this evening.  Unless of course Mrs Spikey finds me some other menial chore ...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Have we permanently "lost" the archive section of the previous incarnation of RMweb?  or have I just not found it yet?

Also my Gallery shows a series of black squares where the Gloucester Docks pictures should be... Do I need to reload them?

Or not being a Gold member am I limited to how much I can load into Galleries, posts or Blogs?  

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, DonB said:

Have we permanently "lost" the archive section of the previous incarnation of RMweb?  or have I just not found it yet?

Also my Gallery shows a series of black squares where the Gloucester Docks pictures should be... Do I need to reload them?

Or not being a Gold member am I limited to how much I can load into Galleries, posts or Blogs?  

Thanks.

I believe it is completely gone, the database was not compatible with the latest software.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Budgie said:

I have decided the time is now right for me to subscribe for Gold membership. However, I can't find a way of joining on-line. Is this available yet?

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/brm/store/digital-archive-subscriptions/british-railway-modelling/

• Thanks 3

Hey - I ordered RM Gold Membership on the 10th and other than the confirmation of my order, I haven't heard anything yet.

I signed up to the forum after I had ordered RMGold if that makes any difference (Serial lurking).

I know there was a notice saying it could take up to 3 days (which we're at) but I wonderd if any of the mods could check the status of my order?

By the way I have emailed the subs department at Warners, I just thought i'd try this way too.

Andrew