RMweb Gold - a new premium membership

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Andrew Dobie said:

Hey - I ordered RM Gold Membership on the 10th and other than the confirmation of my order, I haven't heard anything yet.

I signed up to the forum after I had ordered RMGold if that makes any difference (Serial lurking).

I know there was a notice saying it could take up to 3 days (which we're at) but I wonderd if any of the mods could check the status of my order?

By the way I have emailed the subs department at Warners, I just thought i'd try this way too.

Andrew

I've enabled your Gold access on RMweb now Andrew, the subs department should email out instructions for the digital mag access but I'll follow it up when I'm back from holiday next week.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 04/06/2019 at 18:07, Budgie said:

I have decided the time is now right for me to subscribe for Gold membership. However, I can't find a way of joining on-line. Is this available yet?

On 04/06/2019 at 18:12, Worsdell forever said:

I signed up a few days back, and I've got access to the digital magazine, but I don't have access to selling products in the RMweb ‘Classified’ forum, I don't have the Gold badge on my posts, and I can't find the exclusive Gold forum. Am I expecting things to have happened too soon? 

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Budgie said:

I signed up a few days back, and I've got access to the digital magazine, but I don't have access to selling products in the RMweb ‘Classified’ forum, I don't have the Gold badge on my posts, and I can't find the exclusive Gold forum. Am I expecting things to have happened too soon? 

I've set that up for you now pending checking with the subs dept. - I hadn't spotted anything which tallied with your email when I was cross-checking yesterday morning.

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I've set that up for you now pending checking with the subs dept. - I hadn't spotted anything which tallied with your email when I was cross-checking yesterday morning.

Thank you.

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Budgie said:

I am also in the same boat but from much longer ago (not sure when I paid). Not posted much so hadn’t noticed/been bothered to do anything about it.

Awaiting a reply from a MOD. 

Thanks

Andy

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Andy7 said:

I am also in the same boat but from much longer ago (not sure when I paid). Not posted much so hadn’t noticed/been bothered to do anything about it.

Awaiting a reply from a MOD. 

Thanks

Andy

I've set up the RMweb access but I'm struggling to find you on the system - can you forward any email with account details to me at info@rmweb.co.uk so I can investigate further please?

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Sherry is a Gold Member, too? She hadn't told me!

You should know by now that all the very best women keep a little something back...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Mindful of the upcoming shindig at Pendon, and the utter wonderfulness of everything gold, in several moments of idle distraction I have thinking of the Shirley Bassey song that introduces The Bond film "Goldfinger".

Now this isn't logical, but I have a mixture of Gert Frobe, Andy, Phil and Odd Job in my mind, I can't quite see where Shirley Eaton fits in, there could be other candidates for gold painted ex members I suppose (oops) but anyway, none of this is remotely sensible, so don't anyone take any of it seriously OK?

And then there's the whole Austin Powers thing, and Andy York, and well perhaps you're beginning to get into the mood of the true Goldmember.....

So, others may well have better ideas, but I give you a first pass at the introductory song for the film about the glorious phenomenon that is RMweb and Goldmembery...

Goldmember

It's the plan, the plan that gives so much

Warner's Midas touch

So be a bold member

Come in and enter the heart of RM - web

There's no Rosa Kleb!

Andy and Phil's words will pour into your ear

There really is nothing whatever to fear

Reclining in the palatial Gold Lounge

You're no longer just trying to scrounge

You're a Gold Member....

And so it goes.

Oh dear, I'd better go and do something useful!

• Like 4
  • Funny 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 13/06/2019 at 15:30, AY Mod said:

I've enabled your Gold access on RMweb now Andrew, the subs department should email out instructions for the digital mag access but I'll follow it up when I'm back from holiday next week.

Hoiliday???

So that's where the Gold Membership subs went huh?

Mike.

• Funny 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Hoiliday???

So that's where the Gold Membership subs went huh?

Mike.

I made sure it was well invested. Some of it on Gold beach. And some cider.

It wouldn't stretch to a Carribean cruise/Galapogos Islands/India and Nepal.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

That'll be when 'Platinum' membership gets rolled out then.....:D

That's the crowd-funded version.

• Funny 10

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've decided to upgrade my RMWEB membership to Gold. However either I've totally failed to understand the signup procedure, or there's a bug.

As an existing RMWEB member, when I'm ready to check out and pay, I need to login as a member to link the payment to the existing account, even though I'm already logged in? If so, the system doesn't recognise my email address and password (and yes it is the correct password, as I'm logged into the forum now). Nor will it send a password reset email.

So - am I doing this wrong or is there a fault?

Andy

• 11 months later...
  • Moderators
45 minutes ago, PenrithBeacon said:

if Warner's don't want my money that's ok

Wouldn't it be more sensible to drop me a PM if you're having an issue rather than publicly sniping? You're not trying to use your RMweb login are you to get through the process on the link given?

10 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Wouldn't it be more sensible to drop me a PM if you're having an issue rather than publicly sniping? You're not trying to use your RMweb login are you to get through the process on the link given?

Actually i was responding to another member who was himself responding to a rather elderly post. This is a longstanding matter which Warner's haven't dealt with at all well, but which other websites do do well.

• Agree 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Actually i was responding to another member who was himself responding to a rather elderly post. This is a longstanding matter which Warner's haven't dealt with at all well, but which other websites do do well.

It doesn't answer my question to you about what you did or didn't do though. Do you need any assistance? If not there's no reason to chime in with negativity.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, jonny777 said:

Well, I have just checked EE on my laptop and the December issue is not there, so I assume they don't work weekends. 

Sadly we haven't had any response from them on the issue.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

It's all good I realised my error in thinking I was still on RMweb when the link had taken me to world of railways. My bad! I have now registered and completed the check out and activated my account.

Regards Lez.

• Thanks 1