If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

COUPLERS: MMM-RG fourgon (1:87)

• RMweb Premium

I am looking for one of the French fourgons released by MMM-RG and later re-released by Elec Trains. These vans carried luggage on the Night Ferry train. There are versions with and without a guard's compartment, but really this model is proving so difficult to find I would be delighted to have one of either.

I know of the kits by AMF-87 (example) but these are rather outside my skill level to risk buying one, unless of course someone can suggest a suitable kit builder.

- Richard.

Edited by 47137
no couplers

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

Pierre Dominique have a few MMM RG fourgons.  I think the Laboratoire d'essayes is the one you are looking for but would need a re-paint.

https://www.pierredominique.com/p3-nos-produits.html?p_marque=176

Andy thank you ever so much for this. I suppose half the battle is knowing what it might be called in French, a language of which I know nothing. But with Google translate, I've bought the "laboratory" model from their web site. Excellent, and AMF-87 supply their transfers separately from their kits too.

- Richard.

• RMweb Premium

Pierre Dominique tend to be my first point of contact for models long out of production.  Somehow they seem to get stocks in of things that have not seen the light of day for 30 or 40 years - I guess by reputation, they are the place to go when a shop shuts down or a dusty box of things is found at the back of a store room.

They are also worth a look when they attend exhibitions - which sadly for me tends to be more in the North of France.  Understandable given their location.  

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

Pierre Dominique tend to be my first point of contact for models long out of production.  Somehow they seem to get stocks in of things that have not seen the light of day for 30 or 40 years - I guess by reputation, they are the place to go when a shop shuts down or a dusty box of things is found at the back of a store room.

They are also worth a look when they attend exhibitions - which sadly for me tends to be more in the North of France.  Understandable given their location.  

Don't tempt me - they will be at Trainsmania in Lille in May. Only an hour on the train from St Pancras and a ten minute walk from the station. I could go for the day, and spend a small fortune.

- Richard.

• RMweb Premium

Oh my goodness. I think I have bought some kind of collector's item. The model arrived today and it is pretty clear it will be a sacrilege to cut off the footboards and repaint it:

P1000644x.JPG.d9f297552716b309a512899a3b97e37c.JPG

There are no couplers. Hmm. Guess I'd best write back to Pierre Dominique, but maybe someone recognises this fitting?

889970985_P1000652-Copy.JPG.c7a2c4e4484dbdd1dc26901eac13f24d.JPG

- Richard.

• RMweb Gold

I think that these were designed in the era when Hornby-Acho was "big" in France and they have tried to make it compatible. But there was also a Jouef/Lima style loop coupling available on a metal pressing that had a hole drilled to fit that screw.  I may even have some somewhere in the garage.

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 47137 said:

Oh my goodness. I think I have bought some kind of collector's item. The model arrived today and it is pretty clear it will be a sacrilege to cut off the footboards and repaint it:

- Richard.

Ah, sorry I should have said something, but I thought it might be apparent with the price of this one being twice the price of all the others that were on sale.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andy Hayter said:

Ah, sorry I should have said something, but I thought it might be apparent with the price of this one being twice the price of all the others that were on sale.

No worries. It is a beautiful thing and I will enjoy it. I can always pretend it got put on a ferry by mistake, wound up in a remote place (my layout) and never went home.

- Richard.