Silberlingen Formations

Julia

46 minutes ago, readingtype said:

Secondhand Ade Silberlingen from the 1980s are interesting but I think my advice would be to avoid unless you want to spend a lot of time fiddling about with them. Ade coaches were (as I understand) originally sold only as kits and have amongst other things an innovative and slightly maddening coupling system of their own. The details are great with lovely filigree bogies that capture the very fine parts of the prototype, but it's fairly easy even for me to point out a couple of things that aren't really right about the bodies and I have never seen such thin tyres and such deep flanges combined in a single NEM wheel as with Ade.

Ben

Ade coaches with Roco close couplings, running on code 100 track, Ade made an adapter for the Roco coupling.

817670628_LAYOUTS190(1).jpg.c8aa00dd876ce8af9445b0e0cea117fb.jpg227072861_LAYOUTS191.jpg.6b708c1b594175233baabae63203b6e0.jpg1798205929_LAYOUTS192.jpg.f544bafb659769d0d9aa464b763e345e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I've got a set of the Lima silberlingen and some re-liveried in the old Rhine-Ruhr liveries. I found the Lima models very good, the only problem was getting the step plates to stick on as they are made of non-glue-able plastic! They were in service until the mid 1980s in the Rhine area.

Nimbus,

The first batch of Silberlingen  appeared in 1961, painted green.  TonyA could tell you their Direktion, but it wasn't Oberfranken where Höchstädt is set.  However, I moved the date of Höchstädt forward a year to accommodate the Silberlingen.  Any further and other stock would have been scrapped.  The main run of Silberlingen, in peacock's tails, were a year or so later.

And I have Mitteleinsteigwagen as well.

Bill

Edited by bbishop
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The green Silberlinge modelled by Kiss were the prototypes from 1959. Strictly speaking, they were not a batch as they were all individual prototypes, most of which, if not all, were painted green. They were classes AB4nb-58, AB4nb-58a, B4nb-58, B4nb-58a, B4nb-58b, B4nb-58c, B4nb-58d, B4nb-58e, B4nb-58f, B4nb-58g, BD4nf-58 and BD4nf-58a. I don't know the Direktions offhand.

They were in this topic on the Railways of Germany forum, https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/germanrailfr/silberlinge-t142.html , from post#18 onward.

However, on Höchstädt, Rule 1 is a frequent visitor. :jester:

Tony

• Like 1

Models of the green versions

B4nb-58 prototype, 41 001 Han, Lima 309674

AB4nb-58 prototype, 31 001 Han, Lima 309673

There is a Roco set (64019) with two B4nb-58 prototype, 41004 Mü + 41002 Mü

No model of the driving trailer has ever been made.

Edited by adecoaches26point4

On 02/04/2019 at 20:02, readingtype said:

Secondhand Ade Silberlingen from the 1980s are interesting but I think my advice would be to avoid unless you want to spend a lot of time fiddling about with them. Ade coaches were (as I understand) originally sold only as kits and have amongst other things an innovative and slightly maddening coupling system of their own. The details are great with lovely filigree bogies that capture the very fine parts of the prototype, but it's fairly easy even for me to point out a couple of things that aren't really right about the bodies and I have never seen such thin tyres and such deep flanges combined in a single NEM wheel as with Ade.

When the Ade coaches were first released they came with the wrong bogies. They supplied them with the standard Minden Deutz bogies as used for 160 km/h speeds when they were actually fitted with the "Leicht" version restricting their speed to 120 km/h. The Minden Deutz Leicht were the same as used initially on the AB4yge umbau coaches and other xx4yge coaches later. I fitted Roco ones to mine.

Brian 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have had both Piko & Roco versions. The Piko ones sat very slightly higher, which wasn't a problem as they were never 'on set' together. Roco offer the old version (as pictured) on the driving trailer, though that may be through eBay, Contikits or show traders.  The standard and the newer Wittenberge Steuerwagen are also available. I've only seen Piko ones with the standard Silberlinge.

On both brands I was able to use close couplings.

Edited by raetiamann
Additional info
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have three of the Piko coaches. I have fitted out the driving coach with the Piko decoder so I can control the lights. The conversion set comes with a slider and some AC wheels (I am a Maerklin user).  I had a bit of trouble with getting them round my R1 curves but I replaced the couplers with Maerklin Relex (all I had on hand) and now they work fine.  I have used them with a V200 and currently run them with an E141. I did want to run them with my 78 steam lok but, when pushing, it was too close to the coach and rammed it off the track. (My 78 doesn't have NEM couplers).

Here is a video of them in action.

Edited by Longhaireddavid
  • Like 3