Flying Scotsman LNER to BR

drgj

I'm not an expert on this, but I think you're going to have to be a bit more specific about dates. From LNER 1946 to BR 1948, probably not much change except numbering and, possibly, livery. LNER 1926 to BR 1960, massive changes - boiler, chimney - then double chimney, dome, change from RH to LH drive, smoke deflectors, etc.

Dave.

Edited by Dave Holt

Thanks, Jeff.  Have looked at pics and the boiler looks the same to me. I only really spotted the chimney and dome as I said in my first post but will have to look at the change of drive side and everything that goes with that like the brake gear, etc, etc.

Dave

Dave,   ACE Products used to do a Hachette A3 conversion kit to BR condition.  I have never seen it advertised but it was available at GOG shows.

The kit contained double chimney, 2 forms of banjo dome. The etched parts cover the later design of cab sides, superheater header covers, German style smoke deflectors and other sundry parts. The basic Hachette kit contains 2 boiler backheads for both left and right hand drive.

John

• Agree 1