Not staying logged in

• RMweb Premium

This doesn't happen every time, but several times since the upgrade, I've opened up RMWeb and I've had to log in.  I've followed the suggestion of clearing cookies, but 2-3 days later I get the same problem again.  In comparison, with the previous version this only happened if I'd gone a week or more with out visiting.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Adrian

• Agree 1

I would never leave a login active to any site on any mobile device or laptop. If the device is lost or stolen, leaving a login active potentially provides the person who acquires the device a route to your personal data. Not so much of an issue on a home computer, and it only takes a few seconds to log back in again. 

John

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, figworthy said:

This doesn't happen every time, but several times since the upgrade, I've opened up RMWeb and I've had to log in.  I've followed the suggestion of clearing cookies, but 2-3 days later I get the same problem again.  In comparison, with the previous version this only happened if I'd gone a week or more with out visiting.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Hi Adrian,

The usual cause of this is that your browser cache storage is almost full to capacity. Each time you visit RMweb the cookie gets larger and/or some new ones are set. If there is no room for them you get logged out.

Try clearing some other browser history, not just cookies. Alternatively, increase the size of disk cache your browser is allowed to use. How to do that depends on which browser you are using.

If the behaviour changed with the RMweb upgrade, there may be some other browser setting conflicts -- for example the maximum size allowed for a single entry in the cache.

cheers,

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, JJGraphics said:

I would never leave a login active to any site on any mobile device or laptop. If the device is lost or stolen, leaving a login active potentially provides the person who acquires the device a route to your personal data. Not so much of an issue on a home computer, and it only takes a few seconds to log back in again. 

John

For the avoidance of doubt, this is a home computer.

Adrian

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, martin_wynne said:

Hi Adrian,

The usual cause of this is that your browser cache storage is almost full to capacity. Each time you visit RMweb the cookie gets larger and/or some new ones are set. If there is no room for them you get logged out.

Try clearing some other browser history, not just cookies. Alternatively, increase the size of disk cache your browser is allowed to use. How to do that depends on which browser you are using.

If the behaviour changed with the RMweb upgrade, there may be some other browser setting conflicts -- for example the maximum size allowed for a single entry in the cache.

cheers,

Martin.

Thanks Martin,  I'll have a look.

I'm using Firefox 65.0.2

Adrian