Cakebox 2 - Evacuees

• RMweb Gold

The simple idea is this - a plain base, with a thin platform running across the middle. On the platform are a group of evacuee children, all looking the same way.

base.png.9eb97a7aff36defa3b4cc53c4a1d157a.png

Behind the children is a London backdrop, old warehouses, dark, and grimy.

london_side.png.3b7b8cb0d21159deb0ddf0f0781f2a06.png

In front of the children, the scene is of a glorious summer's day in Cornwall, with a view of the sea (the children will be facing the other way).

cornwall_side.png.8e225af603bccfaabf6f1358d1f482bb.png

Each of these scenes will be removeable, to allow the camera got get a suitable low-level shot.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Disappointingly I have not yet found a suitable set of children for the platform (1940s style, wearing coats).

I've decided to forego any brick or stonework detail on the buildings, but will rely on microstrip to provide some relief.  All the buildings will be in shades of grey.

• Like 1

Stu

I've just  run a quick series of Google searches for OO HO 1/72 and 22mm scale children, civilians and refugees. Most kids even if in period costume are modelled as if they are playing.  The best I've found so far is Priesler set 10401 of a nun and children.  They are not wearing coats or carrying luggage, but they do at least look suitable controlled and solemn under the good lady's influence.

Set no 10533 is similar but the children are playing up

nun and children.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1