7mm scale telegraph poles

• RMweb Gold

Hi Graham, yes I could scratch build some, but I’m sure I read somewhere about some nice 7mm castings for insulators and the climbing brackets. I just wish I could remember where!:-)

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Giles said:

I think the Peco ones are quite good.... here's some in use on Denton Brook  with the addition of zinc top plate (EZ Line for wires)

36407197040_76ec9d844f_c.jpgDenton Brook by giles favell, on Flickr

Hi Giles, I agree those Peco posts along with the additions you've made look great!  Could you tell me if the arms and steps are separate pieces in the kit or are they moulded directly onto the posts?  I'm hoping the posts allow the brackets to be placed wherever you like so I can make something bespoke for my layout:-)

4 hours ago, wenlock said:

Hi Giles, I agree those Peco posts along with the additions you've made look great!  Could you tell me if the arms and steps are separate pieces in the kit or are they moulded directly onto the posts?  I'm hoping the posts allow the brackets to be placed wherever you like so I can make something bespoke for my layout:-)

The steps are moulded in, but the arms are separate, and half-lapped in. They are designed for two arms, whereas I only used one.....

• Thanks 1