Sabotage on the railway

I know it's the Grauniad reporting, but  this is a worrying development if it spreads.

"Two devices left on rail lines in suspected pro-Brexit sabotage plot

Police investigate ‘malicious obstructions’ that were meant to disrupt train service"

Edited by Theo C. Cupier
  • Agree 1

This has mentioned on the aslef Facebook (closed) group for a few days, I dont think it should really be discussed in any detail either on here or in the media for the fear of giving more idiots ideas

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 101 said:

This has mentioned on the aslef Facebook (closed) group for a few days, I dont think it should really be discussed in any detail either on here or in the media for the fear of giving more idiots ideas

As it has been reported in The Guardian, Independent, Evening Standard, Sky News, the Daily Mail and more then perhaps that's a bit of forlorn hope.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

Dont rule out the possibility of someone trying to discredit Brexit and it's supporters. ....

I think they're making a fair fist of that themselves.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

9 hours ago, JeffP said:

Pro Brexit in France?

Or are we, as usual, blaming Brexit without any proof?

The events in France pre-dated Brexit by some years, and no particular group seemed to be linked to them. It was their character, rather than their motivation, that seemed similar to me.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

TC interrupters* have been discussed in some places, so putting signals to red to cause disruption rather than anything more sinister. Not that I agree with it but putting a signal to red is not the same as trying to derail a Pendo at 125mph.

* No hard evidence to support or deny this.

11 hours ago, JeffP said:

Pro Brexit in France?

Or are we, as usual, blaming Brexit without any proof?

This was in the link in the original post.

" Two “malicious obstructions” were left on tracks near Yaxley, Cambridgeshire, on 21 March and at Netherfield, Nottinghamshire, on 27 March.

They bore the slogans “Government betrayal. Leave means leave” and “We will bring this country to its knees if we don’t leave”, which were printed, not handwritten."

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Theo C. Cupier said:

This was in the link in the original post.

" Two “malicious obstructions” were left on tracks near Yaxley, Cambridgeshire, on 21 March and at Netherfield, Nottinghamshire, on 27 March.

They bore the slogans “Government betrayal. Leave means leave” and “We will bring this country to its knees if we don’t leave”, which were printed, not handwritten."

Right Wing thuggery at its brilliant best, then. 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Right Wing thuggery at its brilliant best, then. 

Tell that to all the labour voters that voted leave

• AY Mod locked this topic