Anyone remember this? EM gauge 3rd rail NSE terminus layout?

Stoker

Hopefully I'm putting this in the right place.

Does anyone remember an EM gauge southern region 3rd rail electric terminus station layout, set in the 90's Network Southeast era, which was featured in one of the modelling mags maybe 20 years ago now? I seem to recall that it was a seaside theme (may have even had "beach" in the name) and was a "what if" layout. I remember it being particularly impressive for the time, given that almost none of the stock was available commercially, so it was all scratch and kit built. It also had a very impressive station concourse with a lot of realistic details.

• RMweb Gold

Does sound like Selsey Beach, I remember it featuring in an early issue of Rail Express and by that time had Connex South Central units.  I was also rather impressed with the layout and have tried to find more pictures having long lost that issue of Rail Express, unfortunately I haven't had much luck.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Could it possibly have been Addiston South? I recall that was EM, set in the 90's with all kit built EMU's. I'm pretty sure it appeared in either Railway Modeller or Model Rail at some point.

***Just realised as I posted, it's actually set in the 70s***

Edited by Geep7

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Stoker said:

It was a cracking layout. Don't suppose you remember what year it was published?

Found it listed on the Rail Express Modeller Index

Selsey Beach (EM) – Geoff Holmes (RE36)