Unable to post, start new topics etc. with Firefox

I have had to go on to a different computer to post this, one that has a Microsoft browser. My usual one uses Firefox but as of yesterday I cannot post anything on this site with it.

If I try to start a new topic I can fill in the title but the white box for the text and photos is grey and nothing can be typed in. The same goes for replying to topics.

The activity thing doesn't work and I cant send messages, or even use the 'contact us' thing at the bottom of the page - the box on these is also an unresponsive grey thing.

Has some forum software changed, or is this a Firefox thing? 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators

Several Firefox users have reported an issue since yesterday morning. It could be down to a security patch update on the forum software in the morning but some users also had a Firefox update yesterday so it's difficult to diagnose accurately.

However, this user seemed to find the issue was with Firefox - 

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Ruston said:

I have had to go on to a different computer to post this, one that has a Microsoft browser. My usual one uses Firefox but as of yesterday I cannot post anything on this site with it.

If I try to start a new topic I can fill in the title but the white box for the text and photos is grey and nothing can be typed in. The same goes for replying to topics.

The activity thing doesn't work and I cant send messages, or even use the 'contact us' thing at the bottom of the page - the box on these is also an unresponsive grey thing.

Has some forum software changed, or is this a Firefox thing? 

I am one of the people that has had this issue.

Sometimes happens with other websites too, so I always have at least two browsers set  up on my devices so that I can get round it without needing to use another device.

• RMweb Gold

I've had some similar issues with Google Chrome suddenly happen in the last few days, albeit this is a slightly older version of the browser, rather than the most update.

I had difficulty making a new post, and I had also suddenly lost the ability to like/agree on a post. I initially put it down to the fact the browser was old, and there had been a site update that was incompatible. However, in a light bulb moment, I turned off the pop-up blocker, and that seems to have cured it. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

RMweb remains unusable on Firefox for me despite clearing cache, adons  etc   (never liked Firefox that much anyway!!)

I`ve gone back to Opera where the internet world is pure and untainted!!!:rofl:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Several Firefox users have reported an issue since yesterday morning. It could be down to a security patch update on the forum software in the morning but some users also had a Firefox update yesterday so it's difficult to diagnose accurately.

However, this user seemed to find the issue was with Firefox - 

I have now cleared the cache and the history. The only add on was something from Amazon, which I have now removed. None of this has made any difference. 

Yesterday morning everything was working just fine then I ignored a topic (because there were so many replies that there was nothing else but that filling up the activity/content I follow - I wish I had never posted that Austin Powers thing!) and after that is when it happened.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Firefox 66.0.2 64bit only works when McAfee WebAdviser is disabled.  I am uncomfortable doing this.  WebAdviser has caused me no issues in the past with RMweb or any other websites.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, teaky said:

Firefox 66.0.2 64bit only works when McAfee WebAdviser is disabled.  I am uncomfortable doing this.  WebAdviser has caused me no issues in the past with RMweb or any other websites.

Works fine with Kaspersky add-on enabled - darn those pesky Russians !

• RMweb Gold

You may not need to resort to such desperate measures as relying on Google or Microsoft, Bill.  Temporarily disabling McAfee WebAdviser for the duration of your RMweb session seems to be sufficient.

I'm hoping Andy is monitoring these threads and will be asking the developers to investigate whatever they changed during the recent update(s) that is now upsetting McAfee WebAdviser by looking like suspicious activity/code.

• RMweb Premium

It could be a change in the location of some of the javascript files. I noted that I now need to add cloudflare.com to NoScript in Firefox to get things to work properly. Initially when the site was upgraded this wasn't necessary.

• Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, teaky said:

I'm hoping Andy is monitoring these threads and will be asking the developers to investigate whatever they changed during the recent update(s) that is now upsetting McAfee WebAdviser by looking like suspicious activity/code.

I am; I'm waiting to hear back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m using IOS, 12.2 which is the latest version, and the latest version of Firefox. This page will not stop loading, unless I stop it manually. A post from last night got posted, but there was still all the text from it in the box on looking earlier this afternoon. That was cleared when I clicked on an editor message. 

Best regards,

Rob.

Also having problems with RM on Firefox.  The "quote" button on individual posts doesn't appear.  "Browse" tab on home page doesn't let me click on any of the forum etc buttons on next line below, which are greyed out then vanish is cursor moved over them. "Like" etc button on individual posts very erratic.      Like others, I'm using chrome for now. 

Can't say I have any problems with it even after the latest upgrade.  Using Windows Defender if that makes a difference to operability, but I know next to nothing about this sort of thing. However, I did have problems with it after its quantum installation and started using Waterfox, which is based on an earlier form of FF, and it does everything I need from it. I now use both at random as FF seems to have settled down lately.

• Informative/Useful 1