More images once again of loco testing. Also the office and workshop buildings are now weathered and pretty much complete. 

Mainline locos have been tested for excursion loco testing. 

Hopefully the final backscene parts will be acquired for finishing it off and ballasting will also commence 

20191121_220437.jpg

20191121_234251.jpg

20191121_235414.jpg

20191121_235942.jpg

20191122_000105.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Ruston said:

Nice. Who makes the wagons, what are they made from and are the moulds removable?

Hi dave. To answer your questions in words and pictures;

The wagons are made by rix models in america https://rixproducts.com/product/ingot-buggies-molds-ho/ 

You get 3 per pack. They have plastic wheels but I have a link to metal wheels that fit. 

And the moulds are removable. The last image shows the buggies upside down.

I've just finished painting them all up now. And left the moulds loose so I can just run the buggies.

20191215_083947.jpg

20191215_084022.jpg

20191215_083928.jpg

20191210_142340.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

11 hours ago, peach james said:

You should probably chalk on "Hot" with an arrow pointing to the ingot opening too...in rather cruder form than the one pointing at the bearing.  I know us wags would have done something like that...

James

I'd not actually thought of that. And your right I see it enough at my work haha. May have to make an edit lol

15 hours ago, gpplumy said:

Hi dave. To answer your questions in words and pictures;

The wagons are made by rix models in america https://rixproducts.com/product/ingot-buggies-molds-ho/ 

You get 3 per pack. They have plastic wheels but I have a link to metal wheels that fit. 

And the moulds are removable. The last image shows the buggies upside down.

I've just finished painting them all up now. And left the moulds loose so I can just run the buggies.

20191215_083947.jpg

20191215_084022.jpg

20191215_083928.jpg

20191210_142340.jpg

You've done an excellent job on those moulds, especially the texturing of the sides; they're as I remember them from the early 1970s, awaiting dispatch at  BSC Landore. The manufacturers seem to have misunderstood the purpose of an ingot mould, however

Edited by Fat Controller
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, martyn11post said:

Out of curiosity, what is the pink machine above? I was after something of similar size (less of the colour!)

You mean the red American locomotive. I'll ge the details later . I think it's a Bachmann 49tonner 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

Thanks for posting the arrival of another Janus to the fleet, it is nice to know that there are others who seem compelled to purchase them!

I have 7 of the beasties now. Seeing them at my work compels me haha 

So ballasting is now in the drying system and the buildings have lighting. Some temporary and some stuck inside. 

Overall to make it ready for the show the next job is the pipe gantry and painting unseen the back scene 

20200101_234105.jpg

20191231_203654.jpg

20191229_232827.jpg

20191229_232755.jpg

• Like 3

So the layout is finally looking the part. 

One major piece is yet to be built being a pipe bridge which will span the entrance to the fiddle yard and across the workshop. Mainly to hide the entrance to the fiddle yard. 

A board facia also needs adding to the front of the layout. Over time more detailing work will be added including figures and scenes in the road area. 

There is also work to continue on some locos to make sure they are ready. 

All being well it will be "complete" for the yorkshire wolds model show. 

20200108_083731.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 08/01/2020 at 08:41, gpplumy said:

All being well it will be "complete" for the yorkshire wolds model show. 

Give us a clue to the date? Have tried the railways website but no 2020 dates yet... Keen to see this and BSC River Don Works in the flesh! 

Ta

Ralf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ralf said:

Give us a clue to the date? Have tried the railways website but no 2020 dates yet... Keen to see this and BSC River Don Works in the flesh! 

Ta

Ralf

I'll get the information posted as soon as I can find it again. I know it's in march ! Following that it should be at scunthorpe modern image show. 

9 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

These may inspire you?

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

Thanks mark. I need to get some plastcard sections bought and some pipe to use! 

• RMweb Gold
On 08/01/2020 at 08:41, gpplumy said:

One major piece is yet to be built being a pipe bridge which will span the entrance to the fiddle yard and across the workshop. Mainly to hide the entrance to the fiddle yard. 

I've got over 1,000 images of the works and complex from Scunthorpe Works over various visits in there, if you need any further inspiration, let me know I'll have a dig and see what I can find!  

Love what you are doing with the layout, am I quietly following along.  I am hoping to create the impression of an late 1970s/early 1980s steelworks exchange sidings on my 2mm layout - something similar to Trent Yard and 9 Control at Scunthorpe, so keep drawing inspiration from Plumtree Works!

Rich

11 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

I've got over 1,000 images of the works and complex from Scunthorpe Works over various visits in there, if you need any further inspiration, let me know I'll have a dig and see what I can find!  

Love what you are doing with the layout, am I quietly following along.  I am hoping to create the impression of an late 1970s/early 1980s steelworks exchange sidings on my 2mm layout - something similar to Trent Yard and 9 Control at Scunthorpe, so keep drawing inspiration from Plumtree Works!

Rich

I'm really glad to hear its bringing some inspiration  to others :). There so much I could ask for the the way of pictures I wouldent know where to even start. I've been using my access to what we have at the afrps and then online and pictures I've obtained myself. There is no doubt something I can always add for years to come!

39 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Plumtree Works looks fantastic, great work, lots of interesting detail in the buildings, and a great looking loco fleet.

I too would love to see it in the flesh. Hopefully I'm off work for whenever the show is. :)

On 10/01/2020 at 14:53, Ralf said:

Ta

Ralf

As I understand it should be yorkshire wolds 3rd Annual Model Railway Show on 21st March at the Rix Pavilion, Driffield Showground

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, gpplumy said:

As I understand it should be yorkshire wolds 3rd Annual Model Railway Show on 21st March at the Rix Pavilion, Driffield Showground

Thanks for that, date in the diary... 

Thanks
Ralf

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, gpplumy said:

I'm really glad to hear its bringing some inspiration  to others :). There so much I could ask for the the way of pictures I wouldent know where to even start. I've been using my access to what we have at the afrps and then online and pictures I've obtained myself. There is no doubt something I can always add for years to come!

Drop me a PM for anything that you want, happy to help.

• Friendly/supportive 1