Pencil Drawings to CAD Conversion Services

Hi Folks,

I currently have two projects that require etched brass components to complete them and I would like to know if there is any one that may assist me in developing a CAD drawing for the production of the etched brass components.

I shall be able to provide fully dimensioned pencil drawings for a CAD file to be produced, the reason being that I am unable to operate CAD programs and I'm fast approaching the stage in life where learning new skills does not come easily especially for one off type work.

The parts required are: ladders, hand rails, brake wheels , loading flaps and gratings for a Cartic-4 set and the ladder and walkway grating for a CSV / CSA Fly Ash hopper wagon. The Cartic-4 is laser cut with printed bogies and the Fly Ash wagon will be a printed item although it is not yet known if it will be one piece or as a kit of parts to be assembled. The etched brass details will be the finishing touches to the main part of the kit component parts which are to fine and fragile for either laser cutting or printing.

Photographs below:

DSCF0659.JPG.22f10b75804cd9f212c1730da94b547b.JPG

Prototype test cut of the Cartic-4 set.

DSCF0683.JPG.a60b4da77d7501c4aa3ffc2d029236e0.JPGMock up of the CSV / CSA Fly Ash hopper wagon kit bashed from a Dapol kit from which a pencil drawing was developed. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered, especially so if it is not too expensive !!!

Gibbo.

1 hour ago, Quarryscapes said:

4D Modelshop offer an artwork service. I haven't used it myself but they have done all my recent etching from my own artwork which is first class and they are a pleasure to deal with. 

http://modelshop.co.uk/Static/WorkShop/Photo-Etching

Hi Quarryscapes,

From what I see of their web site 4d only accept CAD files as art work and don't do conversion from pencil drawings to CAD files which is the problem I have, or have I miss read what they offer as artwork services ?

Thanks all the same if I am mistaken.

Gibbo.

7 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Quarryscapes,

From what I see of their web site 4d only accept CAD files as art work and don't do conversion from pencil drawings to CAD files which is the problem I have, or have I miss read what they offer as artwork services ?

Thanks all the same if I am mistaken.

Gibbo.

First line sentence of the Artwork preparation section.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quarryscapes said:

First line sentence of the Artwork preparation section.

HI Quarryscapes,

Thanks for that, I had read that as though they accept CAD files for alteration and not conversion form pencil and paper to CAD,

Thanks again, and I shall be contacting them as soon as.

Gibbo.

3 hours ago, gazman424 said:

Morning Gibbo,

Maybe worth giving York Modelmaking a shout;

http://www.yorkmodelrail.com/community/bespoke-laser-services/

They mention artwork preparation...

Gaz.

Hi Gaz,

The Cartic-4 laser cutting was done by York Modelmaking and I have to say that they are very helpful in all regards. I may see what they say with regard etching art work although it was my impression they seem to be more in to the laser cutting.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Gibbo.