DERBY ROUNDHOUSE 11 & 12 May 2019

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

Popped along this morning primarily to see Charwelton, and had a thoroughly good day out. An excellent selection of layouts, good trade and as a venue, what a great place. It is light and airy, with plenty of tables and chairs for lunch. All round it must be one of the best venues going....

Well done all involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Alex and the Michelover group for having the Much Murkle team. We had a thoroughly good weekend with lots of friendly people. It was very busy on Saturday but much more relaxed today. 

The venue is one of the best we have been to, very interesting and very atmospheric. We had lots of positive comments about Much Murkle and interest for bringing it further (much further) north in the future.

After a 2 1/2 hour journey home Much Murkle is now tucked up in the garage and I'm relaxing with a dram or two.

• Thanks 1

A big thank you to Alex and the team for invitingus, we had a great weekend and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. A great selection of layouts, inspiration and a bargain or two.

Portwey is taking the slow road home today via the family.

Stu

• Thanks 1

I cannot say enough; what a venue! Thanks for having "Leeman Road" at the roundhouse...a model of a turntable in a roundhouse!!  We even managed a meal at a Mexican restaurant and a few decent bottled ales at the 'Harvester' on Saturday night, despite the football (!)  The Viceroy and the Brunswick on Friday...most excellent.

Please pass on my thanks to the team.

John

(Treasurer of the York Model Railway Show)

layout 2018 telephoto.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I had a most enjoyable visit on Saturday plenty of interesting layouts but I must admit that I kept returning to Much Murkle, one of my favourite models. Sadly for the traders I didn’t do much shopping, just some magnetic clamps.

Unusual that railway modellers leaving a show required such a large police presence.

Well done and thanks to all involved.

Brian.

• Thanks 2
  • Funny 1