FMRC Barrow in Furness model railway and transport show, Oct 12-13th 2019.

kevpeo

The F.M.R.C's next show will be -

The 57th Model Railway & Transport Exhibition

Saturday & Sunday, the 12th & 13th October 2019.    

Barrow Sixth Form College, Rating Lane, Barrow-in-Furness, LA139LE.       

TIMES: 10.00 am until 5.00pm, both days.

ADMISSION:  Adults £6.00  Concessions £4.00  Children £3.00

Featuring model railway layouts, traders, model engineering, model aircraft and model ship displays. Tombola and Raffle. Free Car Parking, Excellent Catering, Free Bus Service from Barrow Railway Station and Town Hall. All info subject to change.

Layouts

Swisspass - Ho & Hom

Thomas - 00

Pengullow.  Cornish - 00

Laramie Engine Terminal, USA - 0 Gauge

Triang.- 00

High Stamley - 009

Bere Banks - 00

Ketton Cement - N

Upper Cwmtwych - N

Sheffield Grimeside - OO - tbc

Trade

D&E Models

Pooleys Puffers

Baby Bitz

Crafty Hobbies

Broughton Rail

Along Classic Lines

Simon Mott

Contact - The Exhibition Manager - 01229 583595

Edited by kevpeo
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Its not that long now until I get a trip back to my home town to what is always an excellent show put on by all

involved at FMRC. 

Two members of our group have had their layouts invited, Martin with his superb 2mm finescale layout Ketton Cement at what is planned to be it’s outing as it makes way for his new projects coming down from Scotland

Keith is bringing his excellent 4mm creation of Bere Banks all the way up from Devon.

Will also be nice to get my new 37 from John & Shelagh at Crafty Hobbies in person for a change instead of sending my mum in!

see you all soon

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I managed to get a day off today and the wife wanted a ‘day out’, so we agreed to go to Barrow. As the club had arranged a bus service linking  the town centre,  railway station and exhibition, we would normally have gone by train.  However Northern Rail are simply too unreliable on Sundays to risk, so we went by car instead.  Got to the exhibition at 1118, perfect for the wife to get the 1130 exhibition bus into town. No sign of it by 1145, so I had to run her into Barrow.  Not a good start.  The plan was for her to catch the 1430 bus back from Barrow; she got to the stop at 1420, but again the bus didn’t appear so I had to curtail my visit to the show to go and rescue her. It was cold and wet and understandably she was not happy. Makes going to further exhibitions more difficult.

Anyway, onto the exhibition, it was superb, with two halls full of excellent and interesting layouts, all of which were being operated well. While I’m not really a fan of 2mm scale layouts, Ketton Cement was superb, as were 00 layouts Pengullow and Bere Banks with their sound fitted diesels. Swiss Pass is just awesome. High Stanley showed great scenic modelling and proved that 009 can run well. The old Triang layout was interesting and showed just how far the hobby has progressed.  In the smaller hall. Jewal Line, a OO light railway was a fascinating use of a small space and gave me more ideas.

Pretty good trade stands but none had the items I was after (a couple of old Lima Mk1s and some weathering paints). 

I had lunch at the show and it was some of the best exhibition catering I’ve come across.  Proper Cumberland sausage in a giant yorkshire pud with peas, chips and gravy - tasty and good value.

listening to fellow visitors it was clear the ‘The Great Model Railway Challenge’ TV show had encouraged people to go to the exhibition.  Sounded like they were enjoying it too. Although one very young child was confused because a dmu didn’t have a chimney with smoke coming out!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post my thanks to Ian/Kev and everyone at FMRC for inviting our group with Ketton Cement and Bere Banks. We had an excellent weekend as always at one of the friendliest shows in the country. Great selection of layouts and trade. Good food and a great Saturday night out too.

We hope to see you all again next year.

thanks

Mark

• Thanks 1