Frosted pub window glass

I'm scratchbuilding a model of The Globe Inn at Outwell, and one of the bar windows is frosted from halfway down. Is there an easy way of modeling this effect? I would rather use clear plastic sheet and somehow alter that, but if that should prove unrealistic, is there a source of "frosted Glass"?

TIA

Tony

I've actually had this problem in 1:1 scale!

When we moved into our bungalow (over 15 years ago) the doors were (and still are) glass panels. They give a very light and airy feel, so I didn't want to replace them, but wanted a bit more privacy. Searching the DIY stores, we found a rattle can of spray which gave a frosted appearance. Due to the timespan however, I can't give you any more detail; perhaps an ebay search might help?

Stewart

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

If you buy a pack of ready-sliced cheese from Waitrose (other supermarkets are available), the layers of cheese are seperated with a semi-translucent film, about four inches square. Once washed clean, very useful as "glass" for the insides of kit windows. You might also have to buy a sliced loaf to help dispose of the sliced cheese evidence. ;)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

I expect the OP has dealt with this problem already, but I had exactly the same problem with my HO scale modern hotel. I had about 30 toilet windows to frost. I simply went down to my local high street replacement window dealership. They use large rolls of self adhesive 'frosting' film. After explaining my problem they gave me free of charge an offcut that did all 30 windows are more. I then fitted lights in 5/6 of the toilets and you can just make out a blurred faint shape of a male having a pee as in this photo ………….

RUTHCMRA3.jpg.ed1ba44ec054b38c54ccb521c445979c.jpg

• Like 1