Peco Code 75 Bullhead.

Paul_C

Hi All,

I've recently decided to use the new Peco code 75 bullhead track buying a box of flextrack. This week I added a large radius LH turnout and will be looking to make more purchases once I start building the layout and when Peco release more parts. Can anybody advise me as to any other makes of track that would be compatible with this i.e. C & L Finescale, Marcway etc.... 

Hope someone can help.

Paul C.

Based on what I've seen the sleeper spacing looks weird when it's mixed with C&L as the C&L stuff is technically closer to 00 standards, while the bullhead is closer to EM standards (apart from gauge, obviously). 

My vote would be to either wait for Peco to make more stuff (probably not too far off now) or have a bash at hand laying.

Either C&L thick, Exactoscale or Plywood thick based will be compatible heightwise. The rail is slightly different. C&L rail is Hi-Ni as is the rail from Pheonix. Peco is ordinary Nickel Silver and of a slightly different profile. Ordinary Nickel Silver BullHead is also available from C&L and others such as Marcway, EM Gauge and Scalefour Societies.

Peco will undoubtedly expand their range, it all depends if you are prepared to wait and accept their non-prototype geometry.

Paul

The biggest issue will be the height, as said by Stephen Exactoscale and C&L both do thick plastic sleepers/timbers at a height of 1.6 mm, C&L do a thinner plastic timber at about 0.8 mm in height. From memory the new Peco flexitrack is thinner than Peco's standard Streamline code 75 & 100 flatbottom ranges. C&L will soon be introducing a new 00 gauge flexitrack. Various thickness of ply timbers are also available, as is Copperclad sleeper/timber strip.

Simple packing pieces of card can be used to raise the rail height if different products are used