Platforms drawn on Templot trackplan

bgman

I would be grateful for help regarding plaforms drawn on Templot track plans please.

Having managed to draw / insert a platform along a running line, using the facility within the software, I was wondering if it is possible to make this a separate item for printing out, rather than having to print it with the adjacent trackwork ?

As an additional question could it be copied and exported in whatever format is needed to produce a file for cutting eg laser or Silhouette cutter ?

Any pointers or help would be most welcome.

Grahame

2 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

How about just using the track centreline only option in the geometry menu.

Hi matey and thank you for your suggestion.

I have tried something similar by removing the sleepers on the section in question ( see attached photograph ) which kind of works but what I really wanted to do was try and export just the platform area and use it in a cutting file if possible.

If there is a way, and in my little brain, I imagine that as it is part of the same software there should be a way in which just that part can be extracted, or am I overthinking it and missing something obvious ?

IMG_0561.JPG.5e5b9920581d39f6526838204bc3e19d.JPG

G

• RMweb Gold

Hi Grahame,

I'm not a Templot expert but it appears to be able to export WMF and EMF files. You should be able to import those files into any decent drawing program where you can remove the parts you don't want and set the line colour of the remaining parts to the "cutting colour", which I think is what you basically need to do to drive a cutter.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, bgman said:

Having managed to draw / insert a platform along a running line, using the facility within the software, I was wondering if it is possible to make this a separate item for printing out, rather than having to print it with the adjacent trackwork ?

As an additional question could it be copied and exported in whatever format is needed to produce a file for cutting eg laser or Silhouette cutter ?

Hi Grahame,

Templot can export DXF files suitable for CAD programs, laser cutters, etc. That's at output > export a file menu item.

To export only the platforms in the file, change the colour for everything else to none. You can set whatever colour you need for the platforms, like this:

dxf_platforms_only.png.a0f3fdef32094a3526d599cab62ce42e.png

Please note that the DXF export does not include the ends of the platforms, just the platform edges.

Remember to set mm or inches units for the file, according to what your cutter software expects.

p.s. It would be much better to ask technical questions about Templot like this on the Templot Club forum, rather than RMweb.

cheers,

Martin.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, martin_wynne said:

Hi Grahame,

Templot can export DXF files suitable for CAD programs, laser cutters, etc. That's at output > export a file menu item.

To export only the platforms in the file, change the colour for everything else to none. You can set whatever colour you need for the platforms, like this:

dxf_platforms_only.png.a0f3fdef32094a3526d599cab62ce42e.png

Please note that the DXF export does not include the ends of the platforms, just the platform edges.

Remember to set mm or inches units for the file, according to what your cutter software expects.

p.s. It would be much better to ask technical questions about Templot like this on the Templot Club forum, rather than RMweb.

cheers,

Martin.

Hi Martin,

I am very much obliged for your reply, I did have a look at the panel you've shown and seem to have got it wrong all sorted now with your help.

Thank you.

• Like 1