Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Banger Blue Class 09

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Has there ever been a class 09 released in unweathered BR blue, with high level pipes? I believe Hornby's 09 tooling can do it, but I can't ever remember seeing one in basic BR blue. I'm not sure if Bachmann ever tooled for a high level pipe 09.

TIA

There was a Cotswold Rail 08 with high level pipes from Hornby too.

Like Griff, I don't believe Hornby has released any in BR blue. With that in mind, I scored a relatively cheap second grey 'Dick Hardy' model (I already had one I am keeping in the grey) with a view to painting it BR blue.

I am not aware of any of the Bachmann models having the high level pipes.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

I purchased a cheap Hornby Cotswold Rail model with the High Level Airpipes specifically to repaint into BR Blue. Closest match to the Cab/Body combination I could find was 09022 

so that was the Loco I chose. 

Cannot understand why the haven't done the Mundane Blue 09 as they have so much Character of their own.  Blue Class 08 with H/L Airpipes are also useful. 

As Bachmann have never fitted their 08/09 with the H/L Airpipes It makes you wonder if the will ever do it with their Class 03.  A Southern Region version in Pre-Tops would go down a treat.

Here's Hoping

Trailrage  

• Agree 2