Bachmann 2 HAP

steve1023

I couldn't find a specific topic for these so have started a new one. 

For those interested in these little units (& I am one) Bachmann have appeared to alter the numbering of 2 of these units due for release according to the website.

31-391 in Blue/Grey was supposed to be unit 6062 now it is 6063 and 31-392 in NSE was originally announced as 4322 and now it will be 4308 which coincidentally is the unit which is now half restored and on display at Shildon. 

Steve

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

I am VERY interested in getting a 2-HAP, but won't buy any until they plummet in price as the initial asking price is ridiculous.

Hi,

Will they produce enough in each batch to result in the price plummeting?.

There is certainly a difference in price between Accurascale offering five Mk5a coaches for £225 when the RRP for a Bachmann 4 CEP (weathered) is £445.

I suppose it good that Bachmann are still producing batches of Mk1 EMUs and announcing new ones unlike Hornby.

Regards

Nick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

I am VERY interested in getting a 2-HAP, but won't buy any until they plummet in price as the initial asking price is ridiculous.

Bachmann prices are getting very silly. Why not build one from a kit and a Replica chassis?

A company can set it's prices as high as they perceive the market will stand.

When the item at a high price fails to sell, discount follows.

There is a good example on Kernows bargain page. Bachmann 2EPB was £ 214.00,

now £124.99!. The sale price is quite realistic for a 2car unit, but not at over £100 per coach.

• Agree 2

Bachmann were informed, by me and quite a few others, that 4322 in NSE was not appropriate for the batch they are modelling as it was from the Kent Coast Phase II batch. Very few of that batch survived long enough to gain NSE livery. There were lots of differences, such as discontinuous gutters, Commonwealth inner bogies, external window frames, no vents in the toilet windows and no tank filler pipes on the roof. 

The Bachmann model is suitable only for the Kent Coast Phase I batch, 6043-6105.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, robertcwp said:

Bachmann were informed, by me and quite a few others, that 4322 in NSE was not appropriate for the batch they are modelling as it was from the Kent Coast Phase II batch. Very few of that batch survived long enough to gain NSE livery. There were lots of differences, such as discontinuous gutters, Commonwealth inner bogies, external window frames, no vents in the toilet windows and no tank filler pipes on the roof. 

The Bachmann model is suitable only for the Kent Coast Phase I batch, 6043-6105.

So no West Coastway 2-SAPs and the later 4-CAPs then... 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 year later...

These units were in service on the Sheerness branchline from 1959. Can anyone suggest numbers of the ones that worked on this route from the start of electrification please?

Paul C.

1 hour ago, paulcornish said:

These units were in service on the Sheerness branchline from 1959. Can anyone suggest numbers of the ones that worked on this route from the start of electrification please?

Paul C.

Pretty much any SE Division one. See allocations at 

https://www.bloodandcustard.com/br-2hap.html

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on the 2HAP front? I tried looking for an update on Kernow's web site, as l m sure they were at one time expected towards the end of this year. Does anyone know the status of this model, l bet Covid 19 has a baring on the expected delivery dates?

Cheers

Bob C

Edited by Blobrick

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Blobrick said:

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on the 2HAP front? I tried looking for an update on Kernow's web site, as l m sure they were at one time expected towards the end of this year. Does anyone know the status of this model, l bet Covid 19 has a baring on the expected delivery dates?

Cheers

Bob C

See this thread: 

October/November.

Roy

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that photo, Andy - it is really neat when you give us updates like this.

My immediate reaction on seeing the photo was "Goodness, is that a model?"   Suggests it is very good indeed!

John Storey

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, 47423 said:

When did the 2 Hap finish on the Kent Coast line? Where they still common place in 85-6 or had they moved to the SWD by then? 

Cheers 

They were all SWD by then. In 1991 when some went back to the SED, however, many got reformed as the 4 CAPs. I can't recall if any stayed as 2 HAPs, I think the answer is yes, but not 100% sure.

Roy

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, 47423 said:

When did the 2 Hap finish on the Kent Coast line? Where they still common place in 85-6 or had they moved to the SWD by then? 

Cheers 

A cursory butchers at the Blood & Custard unit histories seems to show an awful lot of Haps had simply been withdrawn by then. 

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

They were all SWD by then. In 1991 when some went back to the SED, however, many got reformed as the 4 CAPs. I can't recall if any stayed as 2 HAPs, I think the answer is yes, but not 100% sure.

Roy

Thanks Roy, I left Kent in 82. Not sure when these units finished on the SE. 

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

A cursory butchers at the Blood & Custard unit histories seems to show an awful lot of Haps had simply been withdrawn by then. 

6063 continued on, just trying to find out roughly when it left the SE. 

• RMweb Gold

That looks lovely in Blue & Grey. Very tempted, but i'll wait for Bachmann to do one in all Blue, as, unfortunately, the Blue & Grey is to late and the all green is too early my modelling time-frame.

Edited by Geep7