If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Wanted - Atlas/Roco O Scale Plymouth Bodyshell - Sorted!!

F-UnitMad

Wanted -  an Atlas/Roco 1970s O Scale spare bodyshell only, as per photo.

Colour & road name not important, but a shell in good condition is what I need, no cracks or scratches etc, although the locating tabs might be broken off - they often are. I need it to replace one I had off eBay recently, where the fact the body has been very firmly glued to the chassis was not mentioned in the listing!!!

774828700_Portway1008.jpg.843024b68d246f38493d8977051bcf7a.jpg

PM me if you have something available!!

Edited by F-UnitMad

Edit: I should've been clearer in my first post - it's the body and frame that are glued together, rather than the chassis itself, otherwise my reply here doesn't make a lot of sense!! :fool:

No, but the chassis & motor are all in it as well, and I can't remove them without seperating body & frame, so not sure I want to stick the motor in the freezer!! :dontknow:

There's raised locating edges on the frame that sit inside the body, and I suspect the glue has been applied there, so even running a sharp scalpel blade between the two parts isn't having much effect. I have a spare frame already; if I could get another body, I could break up the one that's giving me problems (not the one pictured above, I hasten to add!!) and cobble up a 'new' loco from all the parts!
It's a real shame as this latest one has had very little use and runs really well. I just can't get in it to add DCC !!!  :banghead:

Edited by F-UnitMad

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Try contacting Sir Douglas [Sam] he was converting a new one but without using the body. See 7mm scale thread.

Dava

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Jordan, I’ve found these two, I notice there’s a broken window bar on the one, but they’re yours if you want them. Pm me an address, and I’ll post them next week

A0E2507A-48D7-4C94-A87B-8E5C260B56DF.jpeg.dd816855695b7930623f5f41d0009254.jpeg

P.S. about time you took the Great Beep Forward, you know it makes sense!

Edited by Northroader
  • Thanks 1