Building an O gauge model railway - new book

kirtleypete

I have just published a new book. It is available now from Amazon and I will have copies on my Kirtley Model Buildings stand at O gauge shows beginning at Doncaster in June. 

The book covers the whole process of building a layout, covering planning, baseboards, track laying, DCC wiring, ballasting, turntables, backscenes, platforms, buildings, scenery, detailing, signals, using RTR stock, point rodding, presentation and fiddle yards. 

Peter

51DAPdEHrrL.jpg

Edited by kirtleypete
spelling correction
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

I hadn't thought of doing but it wouldn't be difficult. Leave it with me.

Added later:

It doesn't look as though I can, the book has a lot of photo's and drawings and none of the formats I would need to save it to are designed for this kind of manuscript. 

Peter

Edited by kirtleypete

I have just received my copies of the new book and unfortunately three pictures are missing - I've no idea why, they are present in the proof copy. It looks though I will have to republish it.

If anyone has bought a copy they can return it to me and I will replace it when the new version is available; my address is on the back page.

Peter

• Friendly/supportive 1

Fortunately I am the publisher/printer and can simply remove this edition from sale and publish a new one, so all should be well. Self publishing where they simply print the books when they are ordered is great because there are no stocks sitting in a warehouse. 

Peter