Thameslink Class 700/0 and 700/1 diagrams

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I spend quite a bit of time at Peterborough railway station and I’ve noticed that Thameslink’s seems to be using their Class 700/1’s most of the time and their Class 700/0’s are rare birds in this neck of the woods.  Are the 700/0’s mainly used on the Bedford route or services out of London Bridge?

• RMweb Premium

The class 700/0s are reserved for the busiest periods; preferably south from London Bridge during the evening rush hour, when a number of other services have been cancelled. During this period the 700/1s are running north from either Brighton or Horsham, timed to get to London just as the volume of commuters subsides....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I spend quite a bit of time at Peterborough railway station and I’ve noticed that Thameslink’s seems to be using their Class 700/1’s most of the time and their Class 700/0’s are rare birds in this neck of the woods.  Are the 700/0’s mainly used on the Bedford route or services out of London Bridge?

Jools1959 - Class 700/0s appear at Peterborough during the weekends as trains do not run through the Thameslink tunnel but to Kings Cross where Network Rail do not have enough 12 car paltforms so trains limited to 8 cars. 

8 car 700/0 run on the GN routes on the stoppers to Cambridge and Welywn Garden City - these trains run to Kings Cross. 

Nick

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

700’0s run all the time around Sutton / Wimbledon loop to St Albans.

about two weeks back they were diverted via West Croydon for engineering works, first time they went down that line.

For example, 31st March produced this lot on a trip to Blackfriars (to watch the 4TC railtour)..

700057/134/022/059/051/017/011/006/039/011

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1