Rails announce SECR box van in OO

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Rob, it looks to me as if this one is not properly seated on the chassis.

A friction fit is relied on - I don't believe Dapol are gluing - so a little firm pressure at each end should do the trick and you should feel it go home.

I've tried but it won't sit square, looking end on the wheels are wonky.I'm returning it to Rails for another one. Here's hoping someone will show a good fitting one.

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, gwrrob said:

I've tried but it won't sit square, looking end on the wheels are wonky.I'm returning it to Rails for another one. Here's hoping someone will show a good fitting one.

That's a shame, Rob, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get it sorted.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Mine (SR brown) arrived today.  The body, detailing and decoration are excellent and better than I could achieve from a kit.

A previous post said the wheels were by Gibson - one of mine has a trace of flash, which I must remove before it enters traffic.  My other slight criticism would relate to the slimline tension-lock couplers supplied for fitting if appropriate.  Both the mounting blocks and hooks are very loose such that the latter hang low enough to foul uncoupling ramps.

I hope Rails can be persuaded to produce more models by this method to give prototypes unlikely to justify the cost of mould tools.

10 hours ago, Wickham Green said:

Ditto ............. the SR ones are obviously in the bottom of the box !

Emailed rails to check on something else and mentioned the vans at the time. They said the SR ones were due into stock shortly.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

I've just seen a brown one at the club - looks very good to me; the brake gear is exquisite. 

I like the way the NEM sockets are screwed in, ready to be removed and discarded, though putting a sprung hook and 3-link coupling in place of the printed hook might be a little tricky, given the way the floor sits behind the headstock.

Edited by Compound2632

Now with a grey roof and slightly weathered chassis...Better?

45704_007.JPG.f3b01086da11f032aa7b0dcbf960a79e.JPG

45704_008.JPG.41d2492e3f94a46efb85d93db2581eaa.JPG

Thanks again to all those involved with bringing this little beauty to market, a lovely model that is well worth your efforts!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

Pesky BR liveried everything always seems to get delivered first. Boooo. 

um, nope.  My SR van was delivered to Switzerland last week. But that was only one of the two, since the second was already sold out when I placed my order.

4 hours ago, mozzer models said:

still waiting of my 2 SR ones

3 hours ago, Coach bogie said:

Me too

Mike Wiltshire

19 minutes ago, truffy said:

um, nope.  My SR van was delivered to Switzerland last week. But that was only one of the two, since the second was already sold out when I placed my order.

I ordered both SR versions, one was delivered this week the other is still on order.

Dont know if having my credit card expire in the middle of the process has affected why only one so far or if it's simply because only one has been delivered to Rails so far.

12 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I ordered both SR versions, one was delivered this week the other is still on order.....................

I ordered both SR versions- well both brown versions - too and my order is still shown as "Pending" : very frustrating as I was one of the first to set eyes on the prototype models at York at Easter. ( "Wassat ? - looks like a 'Chatham' goods van.", I thought - and, unbelievably that's exactly what it turned out to be ! )

16 minutes ago, Oliver Rails said:

The final version is being painted this week and should be with us early next week. All outstanding orders will then be despatched :good:

For those of us who ordered more than one wagon and did so as early adopters there was an offer of 5% off the price.

How will that discount be applied, so far the charges have been the full price.

• Agree 1