Rails announce SECR box van in OO

AY Mod

1365627691_SECR3DPrintedVan1.jpg.c5b33e011d6524912caaec064226453c.jpgIt has arrived on this far distant shore.    I was interested in this van as much for the technology developed to produce it with large scale (well larger than ever before) 3-D printing production. I would hope to hear a lot more about the technology involved as a possible answer to providing smaller quantity of a model than would otherwise be uneconomical through injection molding. 

My first task was to fit NEM Kadee #17 couplers. In doing so I somehow broke off the coupling hook on one end.  Oh well, a lot of my English equipment runs with missing hooks.  The NEM coupler box as delivered hung too low when a Kadee was first pushed in.  I noticed it was somewhat loose so I removed with trepidation lest I break something the wheels and screwed the very tiny mounting screws as tight as they would go.  I was worried spreading the axle guards to reinsert the wheels but that went okay. There was enough flexibility in the material to take dismounting and remounting the wheels.

Screwing the NEM box tight raised the NEM box to an acceptable height.  One of the attached photos show it attached to a Kadee height gauge at an acceptable height.

The slight fuzz on the printing that can be seen close up on the first two pictures was apparently not a 3D print problem and brushed off with a soft brush. 

If this is to be the future for small production RTR (or kit?) it is very acceptable one could say an even an auspicious portent of the future.  

SECR 3D Printed Van 2 KD Height problem.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

10 hours ago, woodenhead said:

For those of us who ordered more than one wagon and did so as early adopters there was an offer of 5% off the price.

How will that discount be applied, so far the charges have been the full price.

My discount was applied when they took the money from my card.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, woodenhead said:

For those of us who ordered more than one wagon and did so as early adopters there was an offer of 5% off the price.

How will that discount be applied, so far the charges have been the full price.

I ordered two at the date of announcement but was charged full price, for the sake of £2 odd, i’m not going to chase it.

edit: see below.. I did receive credit.

Edited by adb968008

3 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I ordered two at the date of announcement but was charged full price, for the sake of £2 odd, i’m not going to chase it.

I would happily have paid full price, but there is a principal here - don't offer something you are not going to fulfil

I've only had one so far and I could cancel so I can appreciate the discount may be applied when the second wagon is paid for, but I will chase for it if it is not forthcoming.

Rails aren't a charity, is a supplier shortchanged them would they let it go, I doubt it.

57 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I would happily have paid full price, but there is a principal here - don't offer something you are not going to fulfil

I've only had one so far and I could cancel so I can appreciate the discount may be applied when the second wagon is paid for, but I will chase for it if it is not forthcoming.

Rails aren't a charity, is a supplier shortchanged them would they let it go, I doubt it.

This was my final invoice with the discount

Edit, wasn't it the first so many orders had the discount?464615420_SECRWagonreciept.jpg.e3be9e4f0c02f4c0152d8bd9ea1eaab5.jpg

Edited by bigherb
Update
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Apologies where it’s due, I just checked my account on the basis of the screenshot above, and I can confirm I did receive a discount of £2.80.

i ordered on 20th April, and since then placed 6 orders for £1080, so that £2.80 was a good bit of loyalty :-)

Safe to say I’ve already spent it !

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Coach bogie said:

My pair still 'pending'. Mentioned it on the stand at Warley, but not able to advise if and when I will get them.

Mike Wiltshire

That's more worrying - I tried to get hold of the right person on the stand but couldn't get near them.

A response from Rails would be appreciated!

Edited by Tony Teague

Hi, I can confirm that the final van arrived late last week, however the Warley build up plus the large amount of new Hornby and Bachmann arrivals and the Rapido bus fulfilment has meant that we are running a couple of days behind. We are working as hard as we can to get back on top of everything. I know everyone who hasn't received their models are anxious to get them and we will be processing and despatching as soon as possible.

For the people that missed out on getting one, we hopefully will have some good news to share shortly but this will not be until all original orders have been processed.

Thanks
Oliver

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Oliver Rails said:

For the people that missed out on getting one, we hopefully will have some good news to share shortly but this will not be until all original orders have been processed.

That's good to hear!

• Agree 2

I enjoy wonderful service here in Australia from several chosen UK retailers; notably how quickly they despatch my orders. These include Rails.  But for some reason the SECR vans stick. I am puzzled, and looking forward to seeing a notification.

Hi. The first batch of orders for the remaining van orders are being processed and despatched today. We will then continue over the next few days to get them all out ASAP. 

Once again I apologise for the delay. We have hundreds of orders being despatched daily but still have a slight back log. We are working to get on top of it as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience during this time. 

Oliver

Edited by Oliver Rails
  • Friendly/supportive 5

57 minutes ago, Oliver Rails said:

Hi. The first batch of orders for the remaining van orders are being processed and despatched today. We will then continue over the next few days to get them all out ASAP. 

Once again I apologise for the delay. We have hundreds of orders being despatched daily but still have a slight back log. We are working to get on top of it as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience during this time. 

Oliver

Just had a note from Paypal that funds have been taken, so it looks like mine are on the way.

Thanks to all at Rails

Mike Wiltshire

• Agree 1