Rails announce SECR box van in OO

AY Mod

44 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Hmm where is my last one then

20 minutes ago, mozzer models said:

& my 2 SR ones

Final invoice has been raised so the wagon is on the way

I see I've got my 5% discount but I've had to pay two lots of post and packing so I end up paying more overall than 2 wagons with no discount.

I feel a little cheated here as I did order both at the same time and Rails did indicate they would fulfil orders in one go where more than one item has been ordered.

I'll wait on the final invoice and see what happens.  @Oliver Rails is it right I should pay two lots of postage on a single order that should have been fulfilled in the Spring and it is now December.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, mozzer models said:

& my 2 SR ones

As good as Rails is in many ways, this has been a long drawn-out process.  Even making allowances for Warley and a flood of new models, they have not been good at getting these models out of the door.  Same day or next day despatch seems to be the norm with other UK retailers.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, KymN said:

As good as Rails is in many ways, this has been a long drawn-out process.  Even making allowances for Warley and a flood of new models, they have not been good at getting these models out of the door.  Same day or next day despatch seems to be the norm with other UK retailers.

21 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

There have been production issues with these which Rails have kept the thread informed about. Understandable really with this different technogy being used for the first time for RTR models. Dapol have pobalby learnt a lot in producing these as well. 

I don't think that the same issue is being addressed here. @KymN is referring to the dispatch of received stock, while @Pre Grouping fan is referring to upstream process challenges.

I'm not sure what versions are affected, but the second SR one seems to be (the) one. If it makes you feel better, I received my SR model 2-3 weeks ago. But I could only order one because the other was already sold out. So, at least you'll get the one that I couldn't, even if you have to wait a few weeks.

It's not a life-saving kidney, after all.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I appreciate these things can be frustrating with extended time-frames, but Rails have been pretty darn good in explaining why there have been delays.  if you've ordered one they won't have just magically forgotten you, as they've said, they're working through the backlog. If you've got a genuine issue with your order wouldn't it be better to contact Rails directly instead of lambasting them here?

If this is the only option for a RTR version of this particular van, and one is unwilling to kitbuild or scratchbuild - shouldn't we be happy that it's actually come to fruition? I just hope that to Rails our purchases are seen support to look down the 3D printing avenue again, and it to be a viable means to produce more niche rolling stock. 

Just my 2c.

Edited by Jack P
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

I was certainly referring to the dispatch of received stock, and not to the production issues.  And I hope that I was not 'lambasting' one of the most innovative companies in the business. But it does seem a bit odd that the last step should be so drawn out. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Final invoice has been raised so the wagon is on the way

I see I've got my 5% discount but I've had to pay two lots of post and packing so I end up paying more overall than 2 wagons with no discount.

I feel a little cheated here as I did order both at the same time and Rails did indicate they would fulfil orders in one go where more than one item has been ordered.

I'll wait on the final invoice and see what happens.  @Oliver Rails is it right I should pay two lots of postage on a single order that should have been fulfilled in the Spring and it is now December.

Hi, If you can message me with your order number and details then I will take a look into it. It does seem strange as I have checked with the mail order team and multiple orders (unless requested otherwise by the customer) were being held to despatch together to save on postage. I will get back to you once you PM me your details. 

Thanks
Oliver

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just wanted to keep everyone updated. Due to large volume of orders including many new Bachmann and Hornby arrivals plus the dreaded staff sickness which has been making its rounds (Thanks to the winter bug!), we currently have a slight backlog of orders waiting to be despatched. We are working as hard as we can to get back on top of this and hope to have this resolved in the next couple of days.

The remaining van orders are being processed and will be despatched today (subject to any payment issues). I apologise once again for the delay in getting these out to our customers but please believe me when I say we are doing all we can! 

Many thanks 

Oliver

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, tetsudofan said:

Three ordered on 25/04/2019, card charged on 29/11/2019, order showing today "in progress". Be interesting to see when it shows "despatched" 

Keith

Email just received, order has been despatched Royal Mail 48-hour Tracked, should arrive down here in the far south east corner by Thursday.

Keith

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Oliver Rails said:

I just wanted to keep everyone updated. Due to large volume of orders including many new Bachmann and Hornby arrivals plus the dreaded staff sickness which has been making its rounds (Thanks to the winter bug!), we currently have a slight backlog of orders waiting to be despatched. We are working as hard as we can to get back on top of this and hope to have this resolved in the next couple of days.

The remaining van orders are being processed and will be despatched today (subject to any payment issues). I apologise once again for the delay in getting these out to our customers but please believe me when I say we are doing all we can! 

Many thanks 

Oliver

Thanks Oliver.  And the email despatch email arrived in this morning's wee hours true to your word, so I can stop being a Nervous Nellie.  I hope that your people are on the mend.

On 03/12/2019 at 09:43, Oliver Rails said:

Many thanks 

Oliver

as of 14.15 today my 2 are still showing as Pending

With the impending dispatch of outstanding orders, I’m starting to wonder what’s next for this new technology. I suspect the machine is not sitting idle but there may be something brewing. A rerun of these has been mooted but another wagon prototype would be welcome. I am not inviting wishlisting - just my random thoughts.....

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ndg910 said:

With the impending dispatch of outstanding orders, I’m starting to wonder what’s next for this new technology. I suspect the machine is not sitting idle but there may be something brewing. A rerun of these has been mooted but another wagon prototype would be welcome. I am not inviting wishlisting - just my random thoughts.....

:)

17 minutes ago, Nile said:

Dangerous words. 'Tis the season for that sort of thing.

Well, if it comes down to whether we've been naughty or nice, most of us here will be completely f- !

Edited by Edwardian
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Pre-grouping goods wagon, lasting until BR freight stock grey and even with preserved examples, and at all periods more numerous and more widely dispersed than this SECR wagon?

Midland D362 / D363 16'6" 8 / 10 ton covered goods wagon:

1444855770_MidlandD363QuaintonRoad.JPG.beafe0b776a41654c2e0c97f9e608638.JPG

Quite a few went into Military service at home depots, which is I believe to provenance of this example at the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre, Quainton Road.

First examples built 1892.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1