GWR community improvement fund - extras platform at Bodmin General

Kris

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Kris said:

The winners of the GWR community fund have been announced. As part of this an extra platform will be created at Bodmin General. 

https://bodminrailway.co.uk/all/bodmin-wenford-railway-successfully-secure-funding-towards-second-platform-project/

Part of me says that that is great news for the B&WR and the local community. Another part says that it won't be the real Bodmin General any more. A difficult one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

Agree St. E.  If they really are doing the business that would require another platform, then go for the money, although it may well lead to congestion at BG, depending on services run.  Storage appears to be at a premium as well as parking spaces, I well remember parking half the town away once!:huh:

Brian.

• Like 1

Am I reading this right? They want to run a regular passenger service from Bodmin General?

If so that will be a huge boon for Bodmin. It's a nice little town but very rough in places, and somewhat down on it's luck for the last couple decades.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This funding seems to enable a feasibility study. You don't get much platform for this sort of sum. Any such works require track and signalling alterations, and even dedicated members cannot do such works entirely free. 

• Agree 2