Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD BR Blue

Andrew P

Yes I know what your all thinking, old Peters is off again, well YES and NO.

Seven Mills Sidings in 7mm is still on the go and will be a long term project with a Class 47 in Blue and Large Logo 37 on it's way soon.

Mason Street, (Goods) 4mm is laid and wired and works well, and so now it's the detailing jobs that are next to deal with, but is a joy to play with  / operate, and more Wagon  / Van Stock will be added soon.

And so to Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD, this is a 4mm self contained TMD, 6ft long and a max of 20 inches wide. It has a 2 Road Repair Shed, and a Single Road Servicing Shed and a Fuel Road and another Road for the Fuel Tanks.

In the Pics the Service and Fuelling Roads will be trimmed back to allow a road to go around the back, and the fuel Tank will be replaced at a later date as that one is O Gauge.

IMG_7346.JPG.17a54dc11e1af6e046d36532c8e21ca7.JPG

IMG_7347.JPG.e94e1915d14e76dbc5206f591968940b.JPG

IMG_7348.JPG.c004df332bf1a47dd1b2614b2141ce79.JPG

IMG_7349.JPG.ae959a2144efc2efa4b2f8b74d252eab.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 11

And YES, I do have a plan.

1078491148_Kingsmill(MidlandRoad)TMD.png.00a12dc40443299f0469361cb39a52e6.png

From Page 3 the Track Plan was changed after some considerable surgery to the Baseboard.

The FINAL Plan is now like this.

1386975248_Kingsmill(MidlandRoad)TMDFINALPLAN.png.868b0494cb2cdc950761382b5939dd04.png

Edited by Andrew P
change plan
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, fishytrains said:

Another one to keep an eye on!

Mike

Thanks Mike, I enjoyed West Shed, and that was ANOTHER ONE I should NOT have sold, I do like Depot Layouts, either big or small, originally this was going to be a bit like Mudmagnets superb, Orchard Road, but the urge for the BIG Shed got me in the end. haha.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

good lord, in the time I've taken to not complete even one layout, you've built sixteen...

I'm sure there was another one, a banger blue terminus set in Brissle, so that's seventeen?

Well, I did tidy my shed today so perhaps I will get on with the layout this weekend 

Yes your thinking of Brit Vic, Bristol Victoria, oh, and then there was also Whittaker Street, and maybe some others that I've forgotten.

Good luck with emptying the Shed, but beware of getting side tracked, with things like Lawn Mowers etc.:nono:

• Funny 1

21 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Peterborough shed certainly gets around ! Must be the best ever scenecraft money spinner .

watching with interest

Yes Rob, this is my 3rd one, I really should stop selling them, they were THIRTY QUID when I got my first one, now this was double that, and a bit more for a second hand one.:nono:

Nice model though.:good:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just ordered the Knightwing Portacabins and Fuel Tank, the Knightwing security fencing arrived earlier this week, next job will be wiring up the Points and Track, hopefully over the weekend.

Looks like another classic in the making buddy ? l know your interest level drops very quickly  once you have finished and played with it for a while, like me your main interest is in the making / building stage,    just a thought why bother naming your layouts when you could just number them Hahahahaha (this is number 17 ?) only joking buddy, l know you have given us lots of inspiration with the many layouts you have built over the years, keep up the good work.....    

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Cheers all for the positive comments so far, as George said, I do enjoy the building of the Layouts, and also the planning. The Plan above is based very loosely on Exeter St David's that I showed in the Bala Town thread, and that I drew up a few years ago as an idea, and a pic here again below that I took a few years ago. I still liked it, and knew that some day it would be worth keeping in my maybe / one day files.

Exeter St David's.

103698755_ExeterDepotJune07c.JPG.e2b18b58be44912b4f73f296edd70438.JPG

I also knew that Clive would have to compare the size of his to the size of mine, I guess that's par for the course from an ageing punk, haha:laugh:

A bigger Shed would be nice, I could do with a lottery win for that though Bogie.

Al, All 3 of my Layouts are now Banger Blue, it's just that some have grown in size for SMS. Haha.:P

Cheers Trevor and Steve, it HAD to happen eventually, haha.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 3
  • Funny 3

23 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

good lord, in the time I've taken to not complete even one layout, you've built sixteen...

Hey, no worries - I'm in the same boat, well, almost. I have all my track down, & can happily play trains operate my layout, & I'm happy with the plan too, which I spent a lot of time designing & thinking about beforehand, but scenery & buildings are almost non-existant. So I do see my layout as a long term project, measured in years rather than months (or minutes, it would seem for some people :jester: ) & don't worry about my comparitive lack of progress. 

So long as everyone is happy with what they do, then all is well. It's a hobby after all, not a competition - which is why I didnt watch that recent TV series, but I digress... :rolleyes:

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

22 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Good luck with emptying the Shed, but beware of getting side tracked, with things like Lawn Mowers etc.:nono:

No worries about unwelcome rubbish in my shed - it's purpose built for the railway!

Most of the junk is of my own making (literally in some cases) from the many recent failed projects.  Never mind, I've enjoyed clearing it out and doing some track laying today.

• Like 5

Late afternoon, and after another running session on Mason Street I decided to have another look on here, as I had a spare ''Y'' Point and wanted another Siding to make the Depot look busier if possible, but managed to squeeze one in between the Fuelling Road and the Fuel Tank Road.

IMG_7391.JPG.b7e49d9cd96f60942e10189854b9fe69.JPG

IMG_7392.JPG.5a81452c923c920ee5a1a8c80212ba21.JPG

IMG_7394.JPG.89bf8585929adca1fd346cf1d2c14662.JPG

• Like 8