Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD BR Blue

Andrew P

Today has seen an old Motor Trade jobbie, a cut and shut.

Like all good Layouts, planning is essential, so I don't bother to much as I know things MIGHT change over time, and so it has today.:o 

642379638_Kingsmill(MidlandRoad)TMD-Copy.png.ebccbe6b4c0ce579200f435c4fa262c0.png

And this is where I am this evening, although I might put a couple of dead end roads in from the Fiddle Yard later.

752966510_Kingsmill(MidlandRoad)TMD-Copy(2).png.12f5721ecbac8fc90e31790490411133.png

4 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Interesting Andy less is more maybe but we will wait for you to sleep on it mate .....:tease:although with all your threads going at the moment I'm just :dontknow: confused 

Love it all Andy 

And more room for some nice scenic's at the moment.

As predicted, a couple of extra Tracks for Loco Storage and were finally there.

The furthest point on the right into the fuel tanks is currently a Y but will be changed to a Left.

1853527828_Kingsmill(MidlandRoad)TMDFINALPLAN.png.12ed3f4579cfbbc8878e8b01d977a5e3.png

IMG_7425.JPG.d013e791598d8a8e22962451aa53ad9d.JPG

IMG_7426.JPG.18483f46ec6b6f203a54a0f38bdef97d.JPG

IMG_7427.JPG.1bb600c8d029ae258b7c12b97174d5f7.JPG

IMG_7428.JPG.340747f4650bdfc57d5421944cf0a43f.JPG

IMG_7429.JPG.729f1d9fbc90e547e85ec51796d7a3c5.JPG

The Oil Tanks is O Gauge and will be replaced.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

The Oil Tanks is O Gauge and will be replaced.

The actual tank doesn't look too overscale, really, it's just the height of the berm. Could you cut it down a bit?

Al.

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

The actual tank doesn't look too overscale, really, it's just the height of the berm. Could you cut it down a bit?

Al.

Hi Al, I have a Knightwing Tank which is almost the same diameter but longer to replace it once made up, and that one will then go over to Seven Mills Sidings. 

Good idea though mate.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This is looking nice Andy - considering you sold all your OO gauge locos after King's Morton, you've quite rapidly built up a nice fleet! :)  You know me, I do enjoy 1980s diesels hehe!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, MarshLane said:

This is looking nice Andy - considering you sold all your OO gauge locos after King's Morton, you've quite rapidly built up a nice fleet! :)  You know me, I do enjoy 1980s diesels hehe!

Selling Bala Town and all but two Steam Locos helped fund the revival mate. ALL my Layouts will now be BR Blue,          probably.:notme:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

ALL my Layouts will now be BR Blue,          probably.:notme:

The final bit of that Andy HAS to be the quote of the day!!! :drink_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

Thanks Ade, very quiet, visited mum and did a bit outside before falling asleep in the chair TWICE, Dee says it's now down to OLD AGE.

Hope you didn't spend to much at the O Gauge Show today, and that George T fellow didn't lead you astray.

I'm free Monday night at the moment if that is any good mate.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

3 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Birthday?

You kept that quiet. Happy 200th mate, you're looking well on it...

:D

Al

Cheers Al, I started my 70th year on this Planet today,:good: the problem with 69 is you can't turn it up side down for a lower number, haha.:cry:

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Al, I started my 70th year on this Planet today,:good: the problem with 69 is you can't turn it up side down for a lower number, haha.:cry:

Happy Belated Birthday mate, as said previously, here’s to many, many more of them.

Rich

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Hello Andy, Hope you had a cracking birthday on Saturday and did not drink too much ? anyway knowing your love for anything blue saw this big depot on Saturday at Leigh and thought of you...:D

DSC05372.JPG

DSC05373.JPG

DSC05375.JPG

DSC05376.JPG

Thanks for the pics George, Really good pics of what looks like a superb Layout.

I should have my O Gauge Large Logo 37 back from Jintyman on Sunday, Sound fitted and ready to go, and the 47 back as well. the weathering job on that 37 in the pics above looks superb, and I can't wait now to get my weathering gear out and do all my fleet in both ''O'' and ''OO''. 

• Like 2

On 27/04/2019 at 20:17, MarshLane said:

The final bit of that Andy HAS to be the quote of the day!!! :drink_mini:

Sorry, no. This was Quote of the Day.....

On 27/04/2019 at 20:34, Alister_G said:

Birthday?

You kept that quiet. Happy 200th mate, you're looking well on it...

:D

Al

Beer down the nose is SO uncomfortable!! :mosking:

(& a waste of beer!! :shout: )

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Layout's looking really great Andy with all those 'Blue Diesels ' your never going to get bored ......you going for one of every class Andy :rolleyes:

I use to have one of every mainline class in green livery and most of the variations as well. I done a downsizing exercise many years ago and slowly replaced most of my missing classes. I don't have a green  (or maroon or sand or golden ochre) Western but I do have two blue ones. Surprisingly a class 26 is absent from my stock pile.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I use to have one of every mainline class in green livery and most of the variations as well. I done a downsizing exercise many years ago and slowly replaced most of my missing classes. I don't have a green  (or maroon or sand or golden ochre) Western but I do have two blue ones. Surprisingly a class 26 is absent from my stock pile.

Well I'm sure Andy will have a spare one somewhere :jester:

• Funny 2

8 hours ago, gismorail said:

Layout's looking really great Andy with all those 'Blue Diesels ' your never going to get bored ......you going for one of every class Andy :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

8 hours ago, gismorail said:

Well I'm sure Andy will have a spare one somewhere :jester:

It won't be that many guys, I would like a 31 in Blue, but most, like my last one seem to have the poo chassis, so may wait and see what comes up. Another Blue 56 would also be a nice addition, but as were set around the Midlands, there will (UNFORTUNATELY) no 26 or 27's or 33's I suspect, certainly in the short term. 50's would have gone all West Country Passenger by the 80's so that rules them out as well.

BTW Martin, I already have 2 x 47's but still no 37's YET.

• Like 1