Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD BR Blue

Andrew P

9 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

As I passed my 40th birthday last December, that first comment from your kind self has put you well and truly on the Christmas Card list :)

Rich

My wife say's every one is younger than me.:fie::laugh:

40's the New 20, but 70, (where I'll be next year) is the new 1 year old, so I'm told.:yahoo:apparently I may need a nappy again.:good:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

You'll find a LOT of FAILED PROJECTS along the way mate, I'm famous for it, haha.:man_in_love_mini:

And a lot more successful ones! As someone who struggles with layout building, I admire the way you're not afraid to start doing something.:)

Steve

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, saxokid said:

Ive always enjoyed looking over your modelling though on here:senile:

2 hours ago, sb67 said:

And a lot more successful ones! As someone who struggles with layout building, I admire the way you're not afraid to start doing something.:)

Steve

My Father always taught me that you can learn by mistakes, and yes, I've done a LOT of learning over the years, when I look back at some of my earlier SO CALLED modelling it was a mess, and I soon got a reputation as being all Track Peters by George T of this Parish.

:offtopic:

And just out of interest, here are a few pics from one of my German Layouts back in the 80's, these pics are from the pre DCC and pre digital photography days so are photographs in an album.

IMG_7839.JPG

IMG_7840.JPG

IMG_8272.JPG

IMG_8278.JPG

IMG_8269.JPG

IMG_8268.JPG

IMG_7841.JPG

IMG_7842.JPG

IMG_8275.JPG

IMG_8270.JPG

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Is there any scale/gauge/continent you haven't modelled in Andy?!!

Mike.

Done =

German ''N''

German, Swiss, Austrian, French, Belgium, Dutch, Prussian, in ''HO'' 

American ''HO''

UK ''N''

Most UK in Steam / Diesel ''OO''

and UK in Steam / Diesel in ''O'':D

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Is there any scale/gauge/continent you haven't modelled in Andy?!!

Mike.

Twelve inches to the foot!   :jester:

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

So at a rough guess just how many layouts have you built?

16 (listed under your signature) + Kingsmill = 17 but obviously there are a few (measuring in the dozens/hundreds ???) that pre-date RMWeb.

I also recall at least one aborted attempt on here that looked very promising but hit a snag - maybe there was another as well.  Others who have been on here longer than me may recall others.

I would point out that it is not just you that has learnt by your mistakes.  I have picked up a lot watching you change things that to me looked pretty good - but then look so much better after you change them.

Carry on and don't let turning 70 stop you.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Done =

German ''N''

German, Swiss, Austrian, French, Belgium, Dutch, Prussian, in ''HO'' 

American ''HO''

UK ''N''

Most UK in Steam / Diesel ''OO''

and UK in Steam / Diesel in ''O'':D

Haven't you forgotten your very early 009?  ...  Just for the record I do not remember you mentioning a 'G' but what a range!  Just  bit to 'old' to think about 12" to the 1'.

And learning - absolutely the master teacher!

Edited by PeterBB
Spelling
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi Andy

I just popped in to say hello and that I haven't forgotten my RMWeb friends.  No surprise that I don't recognize a thing from last time I looked!  But I too have changed tack from Mid-Wales to inner Brum - Moor Street Station is the new layout and it's progressing well.  Some of your ex-7mm stuff is there, several points and a couple of buffer stops.

Latest adventure is modelling the Moor Street traversers with computer control, lot's of help from Simond on this.

Glad to see all is well, Paul

Edited by Focalplane
  • Like 2

On 11/06/2019 at 18:13, PeterBB said:

Haven't you forgotten your very early 009?  ...  Just for the record I do not remember you mentioning a 'G' but what a range!  Just  bit to 'old' to think about 12" to the 1'.

And learning - absolutely the master teacher!

Sorry Peter, NEVER had any 009, and definitely NO G Scale.

But I do have a new project on the go.    details soon.:good:

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Cheers Guys, Well I'm back after an enforced absence.

Firstly AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,  it was my Mothers Funeral last Friday, (14th June) and so most of the week was taken up with more important things than Model Railways.

Also my absence was due to no Battery in my Flip Flop, but as Clive M has said over on SMS, K and Mason St are both now gone to pastures anew, and a new thread will be starting in due course.

• Friendly/supportive 11

• 2 years later...
16 minutes ago, davidparker172 said:

I am glad people think like this as one f the things putting me off as a newbie, is getting these small details exactly right or being shot down for it:nono:

Go for it.:good:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, davidparker172 said:

Really enjoyed reading through this build, a little late to the party as always, but am accruing inspiration and ideas for my first build...a small TMD

Check out West Shed, its even smaller, but I did run it with some modern Stock.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Is this the same one as in the current RM ? Apparently this is Andy’s “ latest project “.

RM at the sharp end again !

Hi Rob, Yes it it and was sent to them in 2019, think pre Seven Mills Sidings and the House move south from Derbyshire. Two others, Kings Moreton and I think it was New Mills appear lost in the system. Never mind, I hope to get my copy today and check out my photography and what I wrote all that time ago. Thanks for you comments and resurrecting the thread. Such a shame all the photos have gone, I still have my copies, but I shan't be re instating them, unless anyone wants a particular shot, then please ask as I will gladly oblige. 

Cheers again Rob. 👍

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1