Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD BR Blue

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Bacon Baps and coffee will be consumed, probably along with some cake

Oi, you never mentioned that young man. I'm going to have to bother the bank manager for extra funds now!

Al.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

Youtube has been having a few difficulties the last two or three days with poor service.

Some live vlogs I have been watching have suffered from the prolonged spinning circle, so you are not alone with upload problems.

Apparently my problem is when I loose Internet, even momentarily, it has to start the Up-Load all over again, and that is why it takes so long.

17 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Apparently my problem is when I loose Internet, even momentarily, it has to start the Up-Load all over again, and that is why it takes so long.

You have obviously had other people look at the problem so maybe I'm telling you things you already know.

The most important is to always use a wired connection from your router to your laptop rather than wifi.

Youtube should resume uploading from where the connection was lost, even if you cancel the upload yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Donington Road said:

You have obviously had other people look at the problem so maybe I'm telling you things you already know.

The most important is to always use a wired connection from your router to your laptop rather than wifi.

Youtube should resume uploading from where the connection was lost, even if you cancel the upload yourself.

Thanks Mick, I will try a hard wire connection next time, big trouble is, is that the Router is behind the settee, so may be a pain, but if it work, then well worth the effort.

Cheers Mate.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Mick, I will try a hard wire connection next time, big trouble is, is that the Router is behind the settee, so may be a pain, but if it work, then well worth the effort.

Cheers Mate.

Get a longish ethernet cable, you can leave one end connected to the router all the time, and connect the other end to the laptop when needed.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Donington Road said:

Get a longish ethernet cable, you can leave one end connected to the router all the time, and connect the other end to the laptop when needed.

Yes, just remembered that I have a 30ft one that I used to use on my Gaugemaster hand set when I had Kings Moreton all around TOPS.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 03/06/2019 at 18:44, Andrew P said:

Hi Tony, The Cylinder is 5 inches long x 1.75 inches wide.

Now I've found a calculator - that is about 31ft x 8ft dia.

Pretty close to the 30 x 9 industry standard I mentioned.

Your "eyes" are quite reliable - again - hence its convincing.

TONY

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

34 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

Now I've found a calculator - that is about 31ft x 8ft dia.

Pretty close to the 30 x 9 industry standard I mentioned.

Your "eyes" are quite reliable - again - hence its convincing.

TONY

It's a Knightwing one and you can make it shorter as it comes in about 5 or 6 8 sections Tony.

Edited by Andrew P
aded a word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This Kingsmill thread will now be finished as K will be travelling to it's new home next weekend.

THANK YOU to all who have contributed to this thread.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
remove words
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

I see that you have sold Kingsmill then., that didn’t take long.

Will we be meeting up again making it three weekends on the trot this weekend at the Great Central 

i shall be there on the Saturday.

Terry 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ELTEL said:

Hi Andy

I see that you have sold Kingsmill then., that didn’t take long.

Will we be meeting up again making it three weekends on the trot this weekend at the Great Central 

i shall be there on the Saturday.

Terry 

Thanks Terry, I need to build another Layout over the weekend mate, haha.

Only joking, I have a very busy week and weekend coming up mate.

Mum's funeral Friday.

Man picking up K on Saturday.

Family Sunday.

But no doubt;

we'll meet again,

don't know where, don't know when,

but I'm sure we'll meet again, 

some sunny dayyyyy:good::D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Before K disappears at the weekend I took the opportunity to take some 120 + pics.

I started by photographing a new arrival ready for Project Fear, the Next New Project, it's just coming in for Fuelling, and then will be Stabled until tomorrows first duty.

IMG_8335.JPG.dc3d0d40fec3501d5a5115d799cdd2ae.JPG

IMG_8337.JPG.60f17d7c337a5dad1fb8deec3f095875.JPG

IMG_8341.JPG.a0f5786886f306331627a0a5eda93d35.JPG

IMG_8342.JPG.c08f49c55da64b0b01ee782143e61434.JPG

IMG_8344.JPG.9905c7e05e4512407147218e90958b87.JPG

IMG_8345.JPG.4c45294b13386f6a29426bd2ebe8a75c.JPG

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold

Have you sold the stock with the layout then Andy? ... or is that being retained for future use.  Project Fear .. well at least its not one of the new Hitachi IETs coming on for fuelling, the hoses would be in the wrong place and I have a 'fear' of uncomfortable seats! :)  Looking forward to what comes next following this minor vision of passenger operations!

Rich

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, MarshLane said:

Have you sold the stock with the layout then Andy? ... or is that being retained for future use.  Project Fear .. well at least its not one of the new Hitachi IETs coming on for fuelling, the hoses would be in the wrong place and I have a 'fear' of uncomfortable seats! :)  Looking forward to what comes next following this minor vision of passenger operations!

Rich

FEAR NOT young man, all Stock,  ……:o…………..plus some...………:good:………….is retained for the new Layout, and I have just come in from the Shed after laying out some old Track on the spare board.

I have a Plan:yahoo:

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

FEAR NOT young man, all Stock,  ……:o…………..plus some...………:good:………….is retained for the new Layout, and I have just come in from the Shed after laying out some old Track on the spare board.

I have a Plan:yahoo:

As I passed my 40th birthday last December, that first comment from your kind self has put you well and truly on the Christmas Card list :)

Rich

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

12 minutes ago, saxokid said:

Awsome Andy having good catch up on all your projects on here..:P

You'll find a LOT of FAILED PROJECTS along the way mate, I'm famous for it, haha.:man_in_love_mini:

• Funny 2