Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD BR Blue

Andrew P

The Yard Lamps arrived from China yesterday so I'll pick up some plugs at the Derby Show next Sunday.

417740579_YardLamps.jpg.02cdd5568ce26f5cbf67de78ad08aa53.jpg

I have 5, so 3 will go on here, and 2 on Mason Street.

Edited by Andrew P
add?
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

So where is the Peak?

So where is the Brian?

So where is the tractor?

So where is the Crompton?

Otherwise it is coming on.

So where is the Peak?  = Cant find a nice one yet.

So where is the Brian?  =  ? Never heard of one of them?

So where is the tractor?  = Still on the hunt for a nice one.

So where is the Crompton?  = Naa, to far saarf mate.

Also still need a 31.:good:

Derby Show next Sunday so you never know what might appear in my shopping basket.

• RMweb Premium

Brush type 2s were called "Brian the Snail" cos them were so so slow by 1980's trainspotters. So you need one. Get the Hornby Railroad one. It might not be so super detailed but it won't fall apart and the body is the right shape. 

As for Cromptons they did get quite far north, even Manchester in the 80s.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Brush type 2s were called "Brian the Snail" cos them were so so slow by 1980's trainspotters. So you need one. Get the Hornby Railroad one. It might not be so super detailed but it won't fall apart and the body is the right shape. 

Ahh yes, cheers, the Railroad one doesn't have a cab interior, Lights or Buffer Beam detail, but is at least DCC Ready for S O U N D.:yahoo:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

And what's with the can't find a nice Peak.....all 193 of them were nice. Never heard one say anything nasty about you.

Been on Flea Bite over the last week, but not many newer Blue ones with lights at Captain Sensible prices.:rolleyes::fie:

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

As for Cromptons they did get quite far north, even Manchester in the 80s.

Never realised the Cromptons got up Norff, uver than on Bladder Kicking Specials against lesser Teams than Pompey.:laugh:

A nice Heljan one should do the job nicely, me finks.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
aded a word

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Brush type 2s were called "Brian the Snail" cos them were so so slow by 1980's trainspotters.

Never heard them called that. We knew them as Peds because of their pedestrian top speed.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Never realised the Cromptons got up Norff, uver than on Bladder Kicking Specials against lesser Teams than Pompey.:laugh:

They were regulars on Crewe to Swansea trains and for a while the diagram worked them to Manchester. They were also known to potter along the North Wales line.

• Informative/Useful 1

23 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

They were regulars on Crewe to Swansea trains and for a while the diagram worked them to Manchester. They were also known to potter along the North Wales line.

WOW:o Great news mate, how many can I have? haha:yes:

4 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

Didn't pairs of 33s work Fawley - Bromford Bridge Oil trains through at some point IIRC.

Maybe you need to get 2 for starters.

Thanks Tony, I'd never heard of Bromford Bridge,  but just Goooooooooooooooogled it to find out more info, and the pics show Spaghetti Junction in the background, and yes that would have been double headed 33's, and probably latterly 37's maybe.

• RMweb Premium

If I recall, all class 33's visited Bangor / Holyhead except one of the /2 slim Jims, 204 or 207 rings a bell, so pretty much take your pick of which ones - the latest "Burma Star" is a really nice model..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Not the BR blue era, but didn’t 33s handle a cement job in the 1960s/1970s up the ECML all the way to Scotland?

i might be getting mixed up tho - but remember courtesy of Pathfinder, 33s even went to Inverness in the 1980s, so could you go for loads of them!!! An ex-Southern region driver once told me when taking 33s out of region, it was a case of keep the power on, be ready to brake for a red signal and just follow the track atlas!!!!

Rich

• Informative/Useful 1

12 minutes ago, 33212 said:

If I recall, all class 33's visited Bangor / Holyhead except one of the /2 slim Jims, 204 or 207 rings a bell, so pretty much take your pick of which ones - the latest "Burma Star" is a really nice model..

Cheers, More great info, so yes I definitely need some Crompton's at some point SOOOOOooooooon:pickeat:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

A few more pics from today.

Photos are looking great Andy - I can almost hear that 24 ‘tic-cupping’ away on my iPad!!!! Isn’t the 20 getting a bit lonely on its own tho? They always had their mate with them round ‘ere!

Rich

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MarshLane said:

Not the BR blue era, but didn’t 33s handle a cement job in the 1960s/1970s up the ECML all the way to Scotland?

i might be getting mixed up tho - but remember courtesy of Pathfinder, 33s even went to Inverness in the 1980s, so could you go for loads of them!!! An ex-Southern region driver once told me when taking 33s out of region, it was a case of keep the power on, be ready to brake for a red signal and just follow the track atlas!!!!

Rich

Cheers Rich, mine will definitely need to be Blue though mate.