OBB Railjet Taurus in OO Gauge

Sir TophamHatt

Hello!

Just thought I'd report back after much saving and looking around.

One German shop had some in at a reasonable price... until they added the VAT on the end!  So that was a no go (although reasonable €4 postage).

Gaugemaster had the loco but not the coaches, although they were on order with their supplier.

After initially dismissing it (stock issues maybe?), I ended up back at Scograil.co.uk.  Neil has been really great so far and has been very good on the pricing - £20 cheaper than Gaugemaster.

Have placed an order, which should be here tomorrow.

Thanks all and happy Taurusing to me! :D

• Like 1

Hi.

Pleased to see you have finally got it sorted. Did you go for the sound loco and matching digital coaches or just the loco for now?. If you have the digital coaches PM me I can give you a couple of tips on getting the rake coupled up, the connections can be awkward and if you are not careful the metal pins can easily be bent, trust me I know from experience.

I am sure you will enjoy your new arrival.

23 hours ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Hello!

Just thought I'd report back after much saving and looking around.

One German shop had some in at a reasonable price... until they added the VAT on the end!  So that was a no go (although reasonable €4 postage).

Gaugemaster had the loco but not the coaches, although they were on order with their supplier.

After initially dismissing it (stock issues maybe?), I ended up back at Scograil.co.uk.  Neil has been really great so far and has been very good on the pricing - £20 cheaper than Gaugemaster.

Have placed an order, which should be here tomorrow.

Thanks all and happy Taurusing to me! :D

I'm a bit of a Taurus/Railjet fan too.For Locomotives in HO,can I add that strictly in no order of preference you can choose between Piko (Hobby and Expert) ,Trix/Marklin (DC/AC) Roco (Extensive range) Jaegerndorfer (ditto) and RailAd (no Railjet available but they do a Nightjet).For coaching stock Piko is probably at the cheaper end with the likes of LS Models (Nightjet only) at the higher end with Roco and Jaegerndorfer somewhere in the middle.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another fan of the Taurus here, always liked the musical noise they generate when the locos move off.

Purchased the Roco Railjet version including the Railjet coaches when first released  but recently fell for the newly released Roco CD version in blue and cream CD livery. What's interesting is that although the loco is in CD livery the registered owner of the loco is shown as OBB. The matching Railjet coaches in CD livery are registered with CD.

Keith 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just to set things right. The ES(Euro Sprinter)64 family is a success in Europe. 

The name Taurus has this machine only in Austria.

Vecchio, made in Austria. (me, not the Taurus - the latter is built in Munich)

• Like 1