DCC decoder for coach lighting - recommendation please

Western Star

I want to fit a decoder into a 7mm model of a GWR Clerestory coach (Dean era and gas lighting) to control which lights are lit - I say "which"  because the GWR in the Edwardian period was still using one or more lights for marking the end of the train.  As the tail lights for Dean and early Churchward coached were located within the guard's lookout there is no opportunity to control which lights are shown by adding / removing lights to/from lamp irons.  In addition to the tail lamps I wish to be able to vary which compartment lights are "lit" at any instant; not necessarily each compartment individually, at least to be able to select one or a few or all compartments per coach.

The decoder ought to have the ability to turn on / turn off say five lighting circuits - two for tail lamps and three for compartments; each circuit being one or two LED "lamps". As I use ESU decoders for locomotives and configurer those decoders with a LOK-Programmer then my preference is for an ESU product.  Initial searching on the net suggests that an ESU Lokpilot FX-Nano might be the way to go... the part number is 53620. What does the combined RMweb experience have to say about this decoder?

Gas lights of suburban and branch stock of the Edwardian period would have been flat flame rather than incandescent mantles and I think that needs a white light with a yellow tint.  I am thinking of using lighthouse LEDs of around 2mm or 3mm in diameter.  Where ought I to look for a part that gives a representativer "gas" light?

thank you, Graham