Plastic spiders

sharris

After a day or two of track making I seem to have ended up with a pile of plastic spiders - the sprues that Exactoscale chairs come on.

Has anyone come up with a David Attenborough friendly way of reusing or recycling them?

Edited by sharris

• RMweb Gold

Mine end up in the plastics skip at the local recycling centre. I have bins for scrap plastic, metal, wood and electronics. These get taken to the council centre whenever I have a worthwhile load. I have to trust that the council send the scrap for responsible reuse.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I don't know about the specific plastic you are using, but my understanding is that once it has been used for injection moulding then it can't be re-used and is considered as scrap/waste.

For modelling purposes it could probably be re imagined as supports for corners, heated up and pulled out into fine wire etc etc.

Mike.

You can also melt sprue by adding it to a spare bottle of plastic solvent (I used a old bottle of Revel Contacta cement) so that it glops down and can be used as a type of filler on other kits and models