Prototype for Hornby R510 Platform Shelter

Hi All,

Is anyone aware of a prototype for the long-lived Hornby R510 Platform shelter please?

Having seen the distressed paint finish achieved on the signal box on  http://www.p4newstreet.com/category/buildings I want to try on something simple and the shelter seems a good candidate. I'm looking for a suitable railway company paint scheme and ideally a photo to add realistic detail.

Thanks

image.png.414be743d0f5832b82d5f01bac500dd8.png

• Like 1

On 22/04/2019 at 12:39, Liddy said:

Hi All,

Is anyone aware of a prototype for the long-lived Hornby R510 Platform shelter please?

Having seen the distressed paint finish achieved on the signal box on  http://www.p4newstreet.com/category/buildings I want to try on something simple and the shelter seems a good candidate. I'm looking for a suitable railway company paint scheme and ideally a photo to add realistic detail.

Thanks

image.png.414be743d0f5832b82d5f01bac500dd8.png

I’ve got one of those and always thought it looked a bit Southern.

I 'detailed' one once by fitting a finer corrugated roof (Wills), finer barge boards (Ratio), thinning the window frames slightly, glazing them and a repaint into Western Region colours.  It looked OK to me!

Thanks Compound 2632, I get the similarity of the roof projecting all round and agree that other features are quite different.

Thanks for the reference eastglosmog, again sharing some features. It appears to be an amalgamation of company styles, probably to broaden it's appeal. What I don't get is the upstand on the valance, anyone recognise it please?