My Class 13s

Both Bachmann.. The master is a DCC Lokpilot ( you need to shave the screw fixes to get the Decoder in.

The slave is a butchered loco and used as a sound unit on the same address.

The lights need a 39k Resistor to get an 80s feel (Corrected for 001 as 003 only had a 5k)

Tips..

Use a dremel with the Diamond tip grinding tool to cut away the block on the slave unit .. Expensive but also great for cutting out fuel tanks for speakers https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dremel-2615S545JB-SpeedClic-Diamond-Cutting/dp/B001DH7Z4I ....

Take the wheels out before doing any major work as the rods can be easy damaged (fall out of the sockets and once out thats it)..

Buy a few second hand 08s and play around. (Yellow rod shunters) ....

Delay Lokpilot to pull off at same time as sound decoder. (ESU LOkprogrammer and decoder needed) ....

Legomanbiffo (Ian) 08 shunter ESU micro sound decoder ....

Edited by 40034_Nick

LIGHTS.. 

I did them in series with a 39K resistor .. each loco (Salve and master working independently from each decoder. Slave Loksound and master Lokpilot)  

IMG_8529.JPG.ce1242e6b2cbe22a11ba773b8d41a965.JPG

Edited by 40034_Nick

Resistor metal wire (either side of the resistor, obviously :-) ) can be used for 08 hand rails .. 0.8 mm drill bit needed to expand or make the hole 

see 001 Slave unit pic ..

Edited by 40034_Nick

• RMweb Gold

Just a word of caution on B&Q Valspar paint. I had one lot mixed that never ever set fully, remaining tacky to the touch for weeks. It had been prepared as per the instructions and was applied to a primed surface. I would recommend a test patch first before applying to anything of value...

Roy

23 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Just a word of caution on B&Q Valspar paint. I had one lot mixed that never ever set fully, remaining tacky to the touch for weeks. It had been prepared as per the instructions and was applied to a primed surface. I would recommend a test patch first before applying to anything of value...

Roy

The paint aint perfect by any means and i am open to any better suggestions.. Thx

3 minutes ago, John Tomlinson said:

Nick, many thanks for all of the above. I have an RT models conversion kit and around six Bachmann 08's to have a play with. The tip about the Dremel diamond cutter is especially helpful.

John.

Take as much out of the loco before cutting as possible cause fillings get everywhere

• Thanks 1