I'm not sure if there is going to be a kit for this but decided to get on and make one anyway. Construction is just plasticard and plastistruct sections with MJT axleguards. Buffers will be from Lanarkshire model supplies and have these already . I was hoping to have this one finished this weekend but wasn't to be but hopefully will be soon, then to start the next 3 or 4 which will include the older version as well.

20190407_161808.jpg

20190407_161834s.jpg

57484793_10162190997485393_4921152899028877312_o.jpg

58373191_10162190995700393_3334546324384120832_o.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 8

Thank you Scott. Mike, I did consider the Judith edge chassis and even went as far as to buy some brass section for the stanchions but I don't have any spare money as my wife seems to want it all so went with styrene as already had most of what I needed in stock. Time will tell if it's going to be strong enough and they will need careful handling but the same can be said of much of the rtr stuff these days. I'm hoping eventually to build a whole rake of these but we will see if it ever happens. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Grahamrfd said:

Time will tell if it's going to be strong enough and they will need careful handling but the same can be said of much of the rtr stuff these days.

A decent load of 'logs' would help to strengthen it and add a bit of useful weight.

You're making a very nice, neat job of it.

David

1 hour ago, Grahamrfd said:

Thank you Scott. Mike, I did consider the Judith edge chassis and even went as far as to buy some brass section for the stanchions but I don't have any spare money as my wife seems to want it all so went with styrene as already had most of what I needed in stock. Time will tell if it's going to be strong enough and they will need careful handling but the same can be said of much of the rtr stuff these days. I'm hoping eventually to build a whole rake of these but we will see if it ever happens. 

Dont know whether you've seen my coach building thread (coaches,  carriages, wagons and more....) but i make my own, bogies and W irons etc.... Have had good results.  The only bits I buy are the top hat pin point bearings and the wheel sets.

I'm scratching 3 x 20 ton covered grain hoppers at the moment.

Keep up the good work. 

Scott

I haven't seen much on here at all as get very little time for modelling but will certainly look it up as sounds very interesting.  I've been building a little 8' X 16" shelf layout now for over a year and sometimes doubt it will ever be done. I need a new job ☺

• Like 1