NEW RMweb Gold Membership - Online sign-up now set up.

SteveCole

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, halsey said:

Just contemplating this to relieve boredom

Is access to the archive assisted by a search facility?

Will the magazine continue to be produced ………………..

The search facility is one of the best aspects of the Exact Editions platform, I use it all the time to dig through back issues.

On the last question this post I've just made in another topic should address that.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, SteveCole said:

Yes, Exact Editions has a great search facility. Type in a search term - a layout name for example - and it'll bring up every mention from the archive.

And, the current and all future issues are uploaded a week before the print magazine goes on-sale.

Steve is underselling the search - it is amazing. You can search by any term and it brings back results including practicals and reviews. I use it all the time.

• RMweb Gold

I'm sold - off to join up now...………….

Thanks

Done the first bit - got confused that whilst the email needs to be the same you are setting up a fresh/new account so new passwords etc - I kept saying I was already a member - but perhaps that was just senile ole me!

Ok now - so far...…………...

Edited by halsey
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 31/03/2020 at 09:47, halsey said:

I'm sold - off to join up now...………….

Thanks

Done the first bit - got confused that whilst the email needs to be the same you are setting up a fresh/new account so new passwords etc - I kept saying I was already a member - but perhaps that was just senile ole me!

Ok now - so far...…………...

Joined - how long does it take to gain mag/archive access rights - and how am I told??  

NOT complaining - just a question :) 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, halsey said:

how long does it take to gain mag/archive access rights - and how am I told??  

You should receive an email with the instructions on how to access the Exact Editions site, another example a couple of days ago took 48 hours to come through as an indication. 

If it's a case that access has been set up but the email has gone astray it may be worth trying the following if you have anything which confirms your subscriber number (allocated when signing up):

please click on the link www.exacteditions.com/print/britishrailwaymodelling and follow the instructions below to receive your digital access.

1. The first part titled 'Your subscription' will ask you for your 'Subscription Number' and Postcode. Please add your subscriber number and postcode as per the above text

2. The next part titled 'Password', type in the email address you wish to use and a password, this can be a brand new password as you are registering on Exact Editions for your digital access

3. After you have done this, click Register and you should then have access.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

With Steves help I found out that if you log in to world of railways, you can retrieve you subscription number from My Account/My Subscriptions  there you can get your account code which you can use in exact editions to access your digital subscription.

• Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 02/04/2020 at 08:28, AY Mod said:

You should receive an email with the instructions on how to access the Exact Editions site, another example a couple of days ago took 48 hours to come through as an indication. 

If it's a case that access has been set up but the email has gone astray it may be worth trying the following if you have anything which confirms your subscriber number (allocated when signing up):

Hi

Life has been a bit chaotic here since I started this inc a new computer (Changing Windows to Mac) - I don't think this email ever got to me.

I'm only just getting back into railway mode and tying to pick up the pieces of this decision

Even if it was sent its got lost - how do I get it again

I am getting world of railways emails so does that help?

Thanks - sorry to be a pain not urgent

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, halsey said:

Even if it was sent its got lost - how do I get it again

Could you drop Carly an email with all your details please? rmwebgold@warnersgroup.co.uk

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

Could you drop Carly an email with all your details please? rmwebgold@warnersgroup.co.uk

Will do - thanks for the prompt reply - I tried phaetons suggestion above but that didn't work as exact editions don't have my email logged - this IT stuff is not my forte anyway so it may all be my fault!

Cheers

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 57xx said:

I'm having a lot of issues at the moment - everyone's helpful and reasonably prompt given the times we are in but still its not resolved and is taking up too much of my time............

• RMweb Gold

FYI I've just been given a temporary access link and all is now working fine - perhaps its gone a bit "clunky" in the background but I think its still there in principle and everyone is very helpful you just need a bit of patience - something I don't naturally have but I am developing.............:o

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
On 23/04/2020 at 08:24, halsey said:

FYI I've just been given a temporary access link and all is now working fine - perhaps its gone a bit "clunky" in the background but I think its still there in principle and everyone is very helpful you just need a bit of patience - something I don't naturally have but I am developing.............:o

I'm pleased to report that my/their ExactEditions "log in issue" has been completely sorted and all is working fine - I wasn't told what was wrong but it was something to do with my subscription credentials not being recognised.

ALL GOOD now and great value for money...........

Thanks AYM

• RMweb Gold
On 22/04/2020 at 11:01, Shroomy said:

Is this still live gone to subscribe it takes to a page asking if I have a discount code and I cannot go any further ? 
thank you 

Same here.

Finally decided to subscribe but can't! the link on the opening post only takes you here:

image.png.1107bbb60630a42c4b719010f43e254b.png

Edited by beejack
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi,

Just joined - I created a world of railways account before checkout - did the order - and received an email with order receipt.

it has a link to the BRM digital library and talks about a subscription number. I have an account code and an order reference in the email - do I have to wait for a subscription number when the direct debit is approved?

Ref the RMweb side of things - how does it tie in with that (all the benefits I get here?).

I don't want to sound impatient - i just want to make sure I'm doing it right!

Regards,

James 

Edited by jamest

• RMweb Gold

Hi again,

Sorry should have tried before i posted - the account code seems to work as my subscription number and I have access to my digital mags.

The question about the link to my RMweb account still stands though - not wishing to push anyone though - happy to wait if the wheels are turning on that! I just didn't see any link to RMweb during my order process with WOR.

Thanks,

James

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, jamest said:

Hi,

Just joined - I created a world of railways account before checkout - did the order - and received an email with order receipt.

it has a link to the BRM digital library and talks about a subscription number. I have an account code and an order reference in the email - do I have to wait for a subscription number when the direct debit is approved?

Ref the RMweb side of things - how does it tie in with that (all the benefits I get here?).

I don't want to sound impatient - i just want to make sure I'm doing it right!

Regards,

James 

Yes it's a bit misleading.  The number is actually either the account code or order reference - I can't remeber which one though sorry.  EDIT Just realised you'd sussed that out yourself!

Not sure about when your RMWeb profile is updated though, I signed up on 14th July, but don't have the RMWeb gold thing against my profile etc.

Edited by Stuey
Not reading the thread properly!

• Moderators
4 hours ago, jamest said:

The question about the link to my RMweb account still stands though - not wishing to push anyone though - happy to wait if the wheels are turning on that!

That's now sorted for you; I hadn't had a notification from the office.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, westerhamstation said:

Hi, I signed up on the 6th of October and have sent 4 emails with no reply to any of them, I can view the mags but nothing else. any help would be appreciated. Many thanks Adrian.

Was that 6th Oct last year???