• RMweb Gold

Whilst Ray was re-sculpturing the Class 101 / 111 I was adding some paint to the Class 129 so the yellow was done a few days ago and now the blue has been added this afternoon. This will now stand for a few days whilst I await the delivery of the 'technical red; paint so it can be turned into 'Hydra' test train.

IMG_8235.jpg.39ec416127b128a9fc44316fec7ae4df.jpg

The Pullmans were also given a lick of paint and these will stand for a few days whilst the paint hardens then they will be fitted out with interiors and the underside furniture fitted and painted then the rake will be finished apart from decals. I couldn't resist having a photo of the whole train complete with the baggage van. 

IMG_8238.jpg.389b68d80863c08309e50777d2daebb1.jpg

IMG_8241.jpg.81dce80f77f04cb52c66ddecba108ba5.jpg

Jim

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, pwr said:

Jim

Did you buy the kit with transfers?  If you didn't or want a more comprehensive set, Railtech do a sheet for this unit. This has far more markings than EasyBuild supplied

Paul R

Paul

I purchased the kit about 13 months ago from a person on ebay at a price that was too good to be true, it stood on the shelf until my mucca, Ray built it for me (it keeps him off the streets you know ;).....only doing my bit). I eventually purchased the decals from Steve at Railtec priced at £6.90, the sheet is quite comprehensive. Just need to get a sound chip for it now.

Jim

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Ray H said:

I still reckon those Pullmans need a steam loco at their head.

I was wondering if I could drag the missus coffee machine out to the layout as this sounds like a chocking kettle in full flight......

I do have to agree with you..... a nice rebuilt West Country I think...... Can you build it for me please :D. I've started looking for one now LOL

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, jcarta said:

I was wondering if I could drag the missus coffee machine out to the layout as this sounds like a chocking kettle in full flight......

I do have to agree with you..... a nice rebuilt West Country I think...... Can you build it for me please :D. I've started looking for one now LOL

Come to think about it I have an A4 that needs building hint hint ....... Lockdown may finish in a few months & I reckon you could have it up and running by then :boast:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I too was thinking of something a bit further north and east. Mind you the Master Cutler had a spell running out of St. Pancras if I remember correctly so maybe we needn't head so far east!

You wouldn't want me to build a steam loco for you after the fun I've had today!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Today the gears arrive from Ultrascale for the Class 33 so this afternoon the loco was stripped down and the gears swapped out. Two out of four gears were split so I now have 2 spare plastic gears that may come in handy so they have been placed in storage until such a time. Here are the two offending items. I have just gone back into the dustbin to rescue them as I have just noticed that I can make these two into one good gear as each they are split on different gears, result.

IMG_8246.jpg.17db0a0cbc55a16925f5686ad6c504b9.jpg

Back to the Pullmans now

Edited by jcarta
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, pwr said:

Mine arrived today too so the Hymek is next for the workbench.

I'll still have a spare Heljan set for the Deltic if needed

Paul R

Paul

Fingers crossed the Deltic seems ok at the moment but thanks for the offer, I also have 3 gears for a 37 / 47 if required.

Jim

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Whilst the spray booth was set up Hydra got some treatment and now she has received her "red technical" stripe. Next up to be painted will be the buffer beam and roof and then the decals fitted including the white bands and lastly the cab interiors, bogie furniture, handrails and windows.

IMG_8258.jpg.895af3be82892509698d1fb17683d315.jpg

IMG_8257.jpg.7543ff77e827922740957372573b284d.jpg

Jim

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Hydra has moved on a little bit further as the roof and buffer beam got a lick of paint and then the decals  placed over the unit, It is now starting to look the part.

IMG_8283.jpg.27d7fc1a3bb550fe61776420e211d3e0.jpgIMG_8282.jpg.853badbc334dfb5df15d9220e47f2eaf.jpg

I'll do a bit more over the next few days and order up a sound chip for her and then it will be transferred to depot "Ray" for white lighting to be added but I have a plan for the red lights, all will be revealed at a later date.

Jim 

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

9 hours ago, jcarta said:

Hydra has moved on a little bit further as the roof and buffer beam got a lick of paint and then the decals  placed over the unit, It is now starting to look the part.

IMG_8283.jpg.27d7fc1a3bb550fe61776420e211d3e0.jpgIMG_8282.jpg.853badbc334dfb5df15d9220e47f2eaf.jpg

I'll do a bit more over the next few days and order up a sound chip for her and then it will be transferred to depot "Ray" for white lighting to be added but I have a plan for the red lights, all will be revealed at a later date.

Jim 

Certainly looks the part Jim

Paul R

• Thanks 1

I was thinking that the lack of glazing was to protect the welfare of the staff. We are being told to keep spaces well ventilated in order to reduce the chance of catching Covid. :D

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

5 hours ago, Ray H said:

I'm still concerned for the welfare of the staff due to the lack of any glazing!

Still won't be as drafty as the cab of a 4CEP. I can remember driving one with all the windows shut and newspaper sheets flying around in the 'breeze' through the front door. 

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

The weekend was spent putting in some of the glazing with the exception of the cab windows these will be fitted after the lights have been done. Handrails and handles have also been fitted so this will be on its way to depot Ray for lighting and sound to be fitted, this won't happen for a few weeks as there is some what of a shortage of Zimo MX645 chips at the moment.

Whilst the sun is out :sungum:

IMG_8302.PNG.c461ec8fe3a6082d9ed12fa11d757518.PNGIMG_8300.jpg.de040500ba1cdf9e3b546ff76f3a1085.jpg

Best paint the window bars.....

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

You'll need to be on the lookout for a Westdale kit for the Derby Single Unit!!!

I have one built as a green original version!  If you track back far enough in Black Notley you will see it!

Paul R

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

He has one in red/blue and I have a green one.

We can do something they couldn't do in real life  . . . .  have them both side by side!

I'm sure Jim will post a picture of his later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1