On Shed - Part 6

Peter Kazmierczak

• RMweb Premium

https://shop.kelsey.co.uk/product/BOOKSHED6/On Shed #6 Western Region - South Wales & Bristol

just checked and it allowed me to add it to my basket.

(Didnt complete the purchase though as I’ve already pre-ordered the remaining issues when I ordered No5)

According to the website the release date is FRIDAY 31ST MAY 2019.

Edited by Banger Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kelsey seems to have got their online ordering on track, as this latest number arrive in a padded envelope within a few days.

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed by the contents. Not a single depot plan appears, nor any side elevations of buildings. I felt these were a strength of earlier editions. Also some parts seem to be rather "padded-out". For example, do we really need a two-page spread of a rather standard three-quarter shot of a class 47 on a passenger train at Starcross?

56 minutes ago, B15nac said:

When is this on sale in shops? I cant find it 

Regards Neil 

They seem to take a while for all areas to receive them. 

The last copy was not out in Hull but on sale in Scarborough before I got my pre ordered one!

Paul

On 04/06/2019 at 06:23, grahame said:

Is there a list of all showing what they cover and when they are scheduled to be available (including those already published)?

G

The Kelsey website lists bookazines, trains.   I recommend the series and suggest ordering direct from the publisher.   I have received good service online.   Back issues will disappear so order them now!  https://shop.kelsey.co.uk/category/BKZINE/TN

Swolstenholme

Archivist, Engine Shed Society

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this issue and look forward to the final (?)  issue. My only criticism of this volume is that on the section about Bromsgrove, there is no mention of the fleet of Hymeks based there as bankers -like the 37's-in the mid/late 60's

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried to order the latest issue via the Kelsey website. My WHS still a number of the last issue on their shelves.

The Kelsey website is ----   First it's difficult to find the On Shed magazine - for some reason it doesn't appear in "Transport". You have to find it via the search box and scroll through three pages. Then when I go to put it in my basket it puts in "Boxing Monthly" instead! Tried this three times and still keep getting Boxing..........

Given up.

Sorry for the rant, but poor webpages from a firm trying to sell you stuff is unacceptable.

Agree about difficulty finding it but I have just tried putting issue 7 in my basket and worked perfectly, thanks for pointing out #7 is now available to order.

Further to finding the books, another way is to hover on products, click trains and they are on the first page, these have had a price increase and from issue 7 they are £8.99 each, still good value.

Edited by royaloak
spelling

17 minutes ago, royaloak said:

these have had a price increase and from issue 7 they are £8.99 each, still good value.

Hmmm, not so sure about that. The price printed on the cover of issue #7 in the image shows £7.99. It might be an error on the website.

23 minutes ago, grahame said:

Hmmm, not so sure about that. The price printed on the cover of issue #7 in the image shows £7.99. It might be an error on the website.

Mmm, so it does, but the advert says £8.99 and when I put it in the basket its £8.99, how does that work legally?

Hi Gang,

Managed to add it to my basket at £8.99 at the 2nd attempt. 1st attempt got Boxing Monthly...so obviously a wrong hyperlinked graphic on the front page. 

Not too fussed about the price difference...annoying but not enough to be ‘Disgusted of EGDL’ and not buy it out of spite/tightness/social media disgust*.(Delete as appropriate)

Still working through Issue 6.....

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

• RMweb Gold

I asked the question, re vol 7, this was yesterday's reply:

"Good morning

I queried the cost and was told the price of the magazine is £7.99 and P&P is free there is a mistake online and in the post. If you would like to give us call on the number below we can manually change it until the online price catches up or if you are sending a cheque just write it to £7.99 as we are now aware of the difference.

I trust this is to your satisfaction and if you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

With Kind Regards,"

Edited by Tim Hall
  • Informative/Useful 3