DJ Models Announcement 01/05/19

RJennings

Message added by AY Mod

Please keep posts on topic. Rubbish will be removed.

6 hours ago, dcroz said:

A but also for general proof-reading: sadly, the spelling and sloppiness of wording in some of the product newsletters that I've read again doesn't help to project the image of a professional concern.

I've seen plenty of sloppy spelling and grammar from organisations that ARE big enough to afford professional proofreaders…….

Les

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

Prefer an AM10 or AM4 or at a push a 323.

All of which of course have triggered a rendition of "Believe It If You Like" by the in-house band...

Nah!!! got be a AM6 none of that there LMR stuff but good old ER ex GER lines units. :locomotive:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have long thought he needs help someone to do his marketing /promotion etc while he produces the models in the background although this would be more wages etc. I believe people in the hobby have offered to help him but were turned down.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Claude_Dreyfus said:

A self-imposed deadline (which really didn't need to be set) subsequently missed...over 12 hours later, nothing.

A self-imposed deadline of 6pm on the 1st of May. You must have failed to notice, but today is the 30th of April....

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Could this be the 1st May news?

Quote from Companies Office re DJ Models :

He was not the only one to be late last year - though was the one to get the most flak (probably because of crowdfunding concerns). To be honest, seeing how these are made up, its no real measure of how well they are doing. Looking around, one company in Model Railways (not DJM) showed £1M of assets which became zilch the year after. There must have been some serious overestimating going on to arrive at such a situation. 

• RMweb Gold

Looking at the companies house statement Dave provided last year as an example- do we just see a statement with more thorough accounts provided to companies house because at a glance it looks like you add up the money in your business account to the estimated value of your physical assets and take away your out goings and there's it is. I am sure it's not that simple and companies house would want more than that because if it is that simple why would you be late with it?

20 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

I will never touch crowdfunding as a matter of principle, so i hope anything new is funded some other way and we can order/purchase once we see the final product.

Kickstarter is pretty good. If the money required to fund the product isn't pledged, nobody is charged. If it gets funded, while you'll find it hard to get a refund, the 4 or 5 projects I've supported so far have been good.

No way would I blindly pay money with no guarantee of a suitable product in return, nor refund.

Maybe this is why DJM seems to get more flak than others?

Edited by Sir TophamHatt
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Looking at the companies house statement Dave provided last year as an example- do we just see a statement with more thorough accounts provided to companies house because at a glance it looks like you add up the money in your business account to the estimated value of your physical assets and take away your out goings and there's it is. I am sure it's not that simple and companies house would want more than that because if it is that simple why would you be late with it?

Please let's not go there again! All the discussion anyone could ever need with the information currently in the public domain can be found in other threads.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Markwj said:

2 minutes ago, DavidH said:

Please let's not go there again! All the discussion anyone could ever need with the information currently in the public domain can be found in other threads.

I agree with DavidH

Anyway Markwj, it's not that simple as any accountancy course would explain. ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Having spoke with a member of a well known manufactuter at Alexandra Palace, they made it clear that they have had to prioritise getting the quality product to marketplace above communication via social media.

If the product is really good it should sell itself and I guess they would know, as some of their recent offerings all sold in advanced orders and the others sold out soon after.

I am happy to wait it out and get the model I ordered than to see this rushed and face regrets.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sorry I was just asking about the requirements of companies house rather than DJ specifically (although I did use him as an example) will try a google search!

And back to the announcement of an announcement (again)!

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, letterspider said:

Having spoke with a member of a well known manufactuter at Alexandra Palace, they made it clear that they have had to prioritise getting the quality product to marketplace above communication via social media.

I understand the point you are trying to make but the irony is the preoccupation with the latter was at the expense of the former.

• Informative/Useful 1

42 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Less than a day before the announcement of a Shenfield slippery door stock (class 306 for our younger listeners)

Along with the 1500V version (to run with your Britannia and B12) not to mention the 506s for all those proud owners of Woodhead electrics out there. In both OO and N

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Ed-farms said:

Doesn't the new Kernow model Centre Shop open tomorrow? They have worked together before so it could be something with them

On Kernows website there's no mention of DJ attending any of the opening events of the new shop. 

Given that Kernow took a financial hit on the 74, maybe relations are a little cool at the moment ?

• Agree 1