DJ Models Announcement 01/05/19

RJennings

Message added by AY Mod

Please keep posts on topic. Rubbish will be removed.

• RMweb Premium

For Dave's sake I really hope it's not another model. He needs to focus on delivery, not announcing new stuff that never sees the light of day. He's certainly got people talking though.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ravenser said:

Along with the 1500V version (to run with your Britannia and B12) not to mention the 506s for all those proud owners of Woodhead electrics out there. In both OO and N

Of course all variations including the green preserved one with its domino headcode.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Less than a day before the announcement of a Shenfield slippery door stock (class 306 for our younger listeners)

You'll be lucky!

What we really want is the Baby Deltic.

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Crepello said:

You'll be lucky!

What we really want is the Baby Deltic.

Which scale?

Heljan do a rendition in 00 and Lone Star did one in 000 (n gauge). The Lone Star one is quite good. I have a Heljan one as well as a few others I made me self.  I won't clogg up this thread with photos of my plastic card efforts but do trawl through my Sheffield Exchange thread, about August/September last year I ran them all.

And what is wrong in wanting a 3 car Shenfield LNER EMU? I have under construction a Claton and Walton 10 car set, a Chingford 3 car, a Southend 4 car, a Colchester  4 car, a LTSR 4 car and a LMR 4 car AM4/2 as loaned to the GER. So a AM6 would fit nicely.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Which scale?

Heljan do a rendition in 00 and Lone Star did one in 000 (n gauge). The Lone Star one is quite good. I have a Heljan one as well as a few others I made me self.  I won't clogg up this thread with photos of my plastic card efforts but do trawl through my Sheffield Exchange thread, about August/September last year I ran them all.

And what is wrong in wanting a 3 car Shenfield LNER EMU? I have under construction a Claton and Walton 10 car set, a Chingford 3 car, a Southend 4 car, a Colchester  4 car, a LTSR 4 car and a LMR 4 car AM4/2 as loaned to the GER. So a AM6 would fit nicely.

A "Thompson EMUs " project might be a better commercial proposition than the Baby Deltics , which Heljan have already done.

But given the business model, it will probably turn out to be "the definitive A3" in OO and N

Edited by Ravenser

4 minutes ago, Ravenser said:

A "Thompson EMUs " project might be a better commercial proposition than the Baby Deltics , which Heljan have already done.

But Heljan haven't done them in N/2mm and DJM did announce a N/2mm class 23 baby Deltic back in 2013. Maybe it's an update on that project (although unlikely).

G

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PaulCheffus said:

Hi

You mean like this

506_1.jpg.02a8419912d877160300f7ceb601c9ad.jpg

Cheers

Paul

Now you stop that right now :rtfm:

I have been lucky enough to have seen Paul's wonderful model for real. It runs as good as it looks. We can but dream of something like it in RTR, in any scale.

• Thanks 1

Apart from the Hudswell Clarke the only other locos on his site that either aren't in the porches of being tooled or a. Expression of interest are the class 17 and the Baby Deltic.

it would be nice if it were these models that are now to progress.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Or maybe he's going to work for another company who will be taking his portfolio of models and producing them under their own brand such as Hornby.

I would not totally discount something along these lines

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

On 29/04/2019 at 17:14, adb968008 said:

My guess would be some kind of agreement regarding the use of the existing toolings, inc the n gauge 17, oo j94 etc. 

maybe a future plan.

Anyone else remember that mysterious Member from a far who popped up a few months back ?

If it was a new tooling or the imminent delivery, I think the call to prayer would have been worded differently.

less than 24 hours to go..

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1